Staying open minded!

• G'day mates! I hope this correspondence finds everyone who reads it to be in a "blessed" way today.
    My purpose for this post is to share with you a story about how one sloopers willingness to being open minded put him on a path to having "The greatest night of adventuring he has ever had"!

Our night began as it usually does with two "Parrotheads" ( Pokey and I) sitting in party chat waiting for more members of our band of pirates to arrive. We launched a "closed" galleon and began fumbling about Galleons Grave loading supplies for the nights voyage. As we we were loading up @shugmat greeted us in party chat with a "What's up guys" and two soon became 3. We held the 4th spot for @Murph669 whose eta was 40 minutes or so. We decided we'd embark on an Athena's quest and knock out the "Merchants" part of the quest until Murph arrived. So as we were loading the cages Pokey called out "Galleon Southwest on the horizon is about 4 clicks out and heading our way"! So I look up and the galleon is 400 yards out and charging hard! I'm thinking 4 clicks????😀 Lmbo So Ol' Pokey, Shug & I spin the sails and headed South just in the nick of time with our sails fully billowed! As we pulled away I tempted Shug to investigate our new found competition and he obliged...... What happened next made me realize that the nights adventure would be anything but normal. Shug's is a relatively large fella as pirates go but seems to be as nimble as they come when it comes to boarding and fighting enemies as he proved once again by infiltrating the trailing galleon. He disposed of "her" crew in short order and hid in their "nest" to spy on them and gather intel. As he was in the "nest" a sloop had joined in the chase and was setting up to ram the galleon Shug was on! For the next 10 minutes our crew laughed hysterically as Shug gave the confused galleons crew his 2 cents concerning their impending battle. Crew- Let's anchor turn! Shug- That's a horrible idea guys.... Never anchor turn when battling a sloop! Crew- Huh? Are you on our crew? Shug- They're going to ram you........ Awwww the sloop missed the ram! Ummmmmm one of you guys need to start bailing or you're going to sink. This goes on and on as we're now collecting pigs on Krakens (never collect pigs on Krakens). So eventually the sloop sinks the anchored galley and Shug takes up residence on the sloop😀. Meanwhile on Krakens the barrel skellies, sharks and a missed feeding are thwarting our attempts at capturing 3 pigs and a Golden Snake.
    Shug finally took the Ferry back to us (got sniped) after his 10 minute hiatus and helped us round up the remaining pigs. So we set sail to Ancient Spire and Murph (who else) finally joins in on the crew at the exact same time one of our "old guard" members (@A-sensitiveyeti) joins our party chat. Then @wheelhouse signs on and we invite him to party chat. We were now two slots short so it was time to buy a sloop. Minutes later Murph, who shot over to Ancient, sealed the deal with a two man sloop. The cost? 2 villainous, one exotic and an Athena's mission. So after some fancy player finagling Murph and Shug were on the sloop and Yeti & Wheel joined Pokey & I on the galleon. 6 Parrotheads sailing together (What could possibly go wrong). So after the deal we headed to Crooks for chickens while Shug & Murph headed to plunder to start their new Athena voyage. As we were arriving at Crooks Pokey noticed a newly spawned sloop back at Ancient and cannon shot over to check it out. Wheel, Yeti & I grabbed our chickens and headed off to Snake Island to fight some skellies. We were going to meet the sloop there as we had 4 coinciding quests and Snake was the first "leg".
    Pokey meets "The Kid"-
    The next thing we hear in game chat as we were approaching Snake Ialand is Pokey saying "We had to commandeer yinz sloop and have two ships on the server. So yunz can sail with us or die all night, yinz choice!" The kid made the right choice because a few minutes later we had 3 ships at Snake Island. At this point I jumped into the kids crew, took the ship to plunder with him and changed the sails,hull & figurehead to our club colors then loaded up the ship.
    Coming out of Plunders we noticed a Galleon sitting off of Devils Ridge and decided to tempt fate and draw him out into open waters. It worked! The galleon came charging out of the East not knowing our Galleon was curling around the North side of Crooks Hollow. As the enemy laid chase to us Pokey & The boys cut them off and hammered them! I sent the kid to board just so he'd get the taste of blood in his mouth and he did well by boarding and killing a patcher before parting to the Ferry. So after collecting a few chests and cages we set sail to our next Athena stop, Sunken Grove. As we approached the "Grove" a sloop out of Galleons came by not once but twice and fired on us the second pass. So both our galleon and sloop set sail and battled the two man sloop West. We sank it before it cleared Shipwreck as our two ships squeezed it and pummeled it with cannonballs! Throughout the night we sank another Galleon and a curious sloop along with sacking a Skull Fort before parking our Armada at the outpost and slaying each other for a good hour🙂. All the while the "Kid" was ecstatic at what he'd witnessed. We let him switch ships after cashing with me so he could cash in with all three crews as a reward for being such a good sport! As Parrotheads we cherish nights like this one for they come far and few between.With the Alliances coming I hope there are many stories like this to come!

Views
  • Parrotheads - Sure, we might stink, but we’ll be sure that you sink!

• That's two nights this past week that we've pulled off multiple ships on the servers. The night ending fights are priceless!

• @bern-dimall

A fine tale and a prospect that might well have solo sloopers tremblin' in their boots, aye?

• @katttruewalker My hope is that the story opens eyes 👀 to just how beautifully flexible the game can be. If your first instinct as a player is to scuttle your stolen ship then you may very well miss out on an extraordinary night on the high seas.

• Thanks for including the "yinz"...I ams what I ams lol

• @capt-poky-ph I wouldn't write it any other way Cap!

Views
6 out of 7