Making friends ( and enemies ) across the seas

• I see so many types of pirates on my daily adventures on The Sea of Thieves. From the young kid who kept asking " How do you do this/that?" ,,, To the somewhat odd encounter with the lad who yelled " You smell!" before shooting at me then complaining when I proceeded to cut him down where he stood, And I know we all have plenty of tales we could tell. But I shall start with this one...

It was the first day of the Sunken Curse event and myself and GoldenBoy were off seeking mermaid statues , when we pulled up at a nearby island and began hacking away at a Ruby mermaid we had spotted on the beach. After a couple of minutes of hacking we noticed it was healing faster than we were damaging it. We were just about to give up when I spot another sloop swinging round into view from the opposite side of the island, blaring out " Flight of the Valkyries" . I ready my weapon expecting a fight when the ship creaks to a halt and the crew jump off. " Konnen wir helfen?" asks one of the crewmates through his loudspeaker. " Ja, Danke! " I replied and the four of us then began making short work of the statue. " Sprechen sie Englisch? " we enquired and one of the answered that he did and asked if we could add him to friends then we could form a galleon crew.

Views
  • @kruskov47 Continued...

Much hilarity ensued as we then sailed to the next island whilst getting drunk and duelling with buckets of sick, almost crashing the ship in the process due to being blinded by sick whilst steering into port.( As if drunk steering wasn't tricky enough ).

We then jump of and begin hunting for statues when I notice that one of us is missing. "Where is Neun?" I ask. None of us know and we conclude he must be on the other side of the island as we saw him jump overboard as we approached. After a few minutes looking we still cant find him. Just then our missing crewmate announces that he has found a statue on SHARK BAIT COVE. " But that's the next island over...did you just swim all the way there?". "Ja!" he replies. We are currently swimming towards a statue we have found here so we tell him we will come join him when we get this. A couple of more minutes pass as we swim towards another ruby statue and destroy it. We are now heading back to ship when I spot somebody coming out of the water and draw my blade. " I got it! " announces Neun as he rushes over to meet us.

More fun ensues as we continue sailing from place to place destroying statues whilst Neun swims off finding random treasure and spotting more statues ( I swear its like he has a built in radar ). Meanwhile our other German crewmate is chasing down a shark whilst waving a banana " Yoohoo! Little Sharky! Would you like a banana? We can be friends" The shark then kills him and he laughs as he concludes " I guess sharks don't like bananas"

He then continues chasing it some more offering a " Plus one cannonball of sinking only 500 dollars" and a " Magical plank which will fix anything (One use only ) " Though Sharky Von Toothe ( Yes we named a shark... I told you we were being silly ) was not impressed. " Okay... if that is your attitude... then there is only one thing left to try. He then climbs up to the crows next where he previously stashed a gunpowder and leaps overboard with it. " Here sharky! I have a nice surprise for you " he laughs as he swims towards it with the fuse lit. " Make a wish" BOOM! The explosion kills the shark as well as all of us who were in the water and didn't swim away fast enough. He then laughs as he concludes " Hmmm... he didn't like gunpowder either. I don't think Sharky likes me"

Views
1 out of 2