So....... I'm making me a 3D modeled Boar Skull Trophy Plaque ;-)

• Yet another in my Sea of Thieves treasures series :-D

I do have to emphasize that I did 'not' sculpt the boar skull and plaque from scratch! I made the base mesh/model with Photogrammetry and then I farmed it out to a clean up service for initial clean up. I then took it into zBrush to do some additional sculpting, added weathering texture, and some cutlass marks and such.

Next onto the 3D printer it goes!

alt text
    The inspiration.

alt text
    Base 3D Mesh.

alt text
    Weathered, wood textured, and as usual cutlass marks.

Views
  • Very cool. Can't wait to see the finished print.

• @knightx13 thanks shipmate! Me too...having way too much fun with this stuff :-D

• @specialadvisor Looks great! Your house must be almost completely sea of thieves themed by now with all these projects of yours haha.

• @stacky-a not so bad to date with the exception of the belt buckles they are all fairly small. 3-6 inches or so. They are now magnets on the front of a work cabinet in my Man-Cave :-)

Course I have plans for larger version of many of them. That having been said my wife is very happy the Man-Cave exists. No Villianous Skull in the living room so far ;-)

• Well this one is now on the done list. Back to the Order of Souls Brazier :-D

alt text
    The finished and painted model.

alt text
    Added to the treasures collection (the belt buckles and Fish Trophy Stand not included here).

Views
5 out of 6