True pirate legends...

• So I went up to a skull fort. Saw a single sloop there. It appeared to be only 1 guy. I swam over to his sloop and boarded it. He was below deck and I noticed his almost full Athena set. At this point I knew any pvp was out of the question(I would most likely just get killed repeatedly lol) , but he didn't even draw a weapon when he turned around and I was standing there. I asked if he was doing the fort solo and turns out it was the last wave. He said his buddy was signing on to join him, but they would still split the loot. I told him they didn't have to since he did the entire thing himself, but afterwards I still walked away with the stronghold chest. He said all they truly wanted was the skull, but I still only took the chest because like I said, I didnt get a chance to even help out...
    I sailed away still expecting to see cannon fire (it is sea of thieves after all) but nothing... They literally just gave me one of the best chests in the game. If your reading this, thanks again! It isn't very often something like that happens, so I just figured I would share.

Views
  • @gu1tarpunk41 that is a cool guy

• @gu1tarpunk41 I envy this kind of persons.
    I really wish I could be one of those legends... But sadly, my pirate fever always boils when it comes to loot and share in forts.

Only tried to cooperate with other Crew there once.. during gunpowder skeleton. Unfortunately it ended up with a gunpowder inside their ship as it resulted in no commendation progress to us.

Thankfully it's only a fort fever. Outside that place I can be the most generous person.

Congrats on you free loot mate.

• I'm a secret PL. I meet so many dissapointing legends out there.
    Being PL doesnt mean you're good at PVP. You've just ground a lot of levels trough questing/ Athena's. Most of the times they are really bad at PVP. Those who are secretive about being legends are the ones you need to pay attention to. They're often the ones who will kick your Hindquarters :-)

I never share loot but I also never sail a sloop. My friends need all that rep to become legends too ^_^

• @hynieth hey don't need to point me out on this eheheh.
    I'm a terrible PL. The worst PvPer in the whole sea.
    That's the main reason I never use PL Obvious related clothes. Oops.

However I mostly run a sloop and almost never loose a battle.
    The experience of knowledge and a good commander of action can make more difference than brute force and direct PvP skill. Eheh

Possible Rackham bloodline here.

• @nunoazuldimeter Nice to see people acknowledge good decision making is a great tool over raw PVP skill :-)

I'm often forced to stay on the ship because of this. Steering in combat situations, tellint people where to focus and working together is one of the best toolkits ever.

But I'm no slouch in PvP if someone boards me he'll be greeted with cold steel ^_^

• @gu1tarpunk41 if you know his or her name it can be celebrated here on this post!
    Naming and shaming only works for those who have done wrong, we celebrate achievement and friendly pirates on these forums!

• @gu1tarpunk41 said in True pirate legends...:

swam over to his sloop and boarded it. He was below deck and I noticed his almost full Athena set. At this point I knew any pvp was out of the question

strange conclusion

• @crimsonraziel said in True pirate legends...:

@gu1tarpunk41 said in True pirate legends...:

swam over to his sloop and boarded it. He was below deck and I noticed his almost full Athena set. At this point I knew any pvp was out of the question

strange conclusion

This is how most of my pvp ends up... Minus the free loot...

• @gu1tarpunk41

It is Great to see Legends... acting & being the part

.. Don't you know.

The true Pirate legend is yet to emerge.

I hope in the long game.... that RARE can play to this.

There may be many imitators ( mostly justly earned ),

But may be, within the honour of thieves, there can only be one crown?

Possibly, with the right mechanics within the game,

This could always be up for grabs?

• @piratecraggy said in True pirate legends...:

@gu1tarpunk41

It is Great to see Legends... acting & being the part

.. Don't you know.

The true Pirate legend is yet to emerge.

I hope in the long game.... that RARE can play to this.

There may be many imitators ( mostly justly earned ),

But may be, within the honour of thieves, there can only be one crown?

Possibly, with the right mechanics within the game,

This could always be up for grabs?

This would be pretty cool, like a ranking chart, with posters in the outpost's bars showing who is currently in the lead!

• @sshteeve unfortunately I don't remember it :( but I never knew that about the naming rules... I always just assumed any time you used another's gamertag it was breaking a rule.

Views
11 out of 12