Paying it Forward

• Last night I hopped on a solo slope to do a few statues. With Athena being broken there wasn’t anything else to do. I kept my ship plain as I knew I would just be on for maybe an hour or so. I set off and hit the smaller islands. On the way I run into a ship wreck. Exotic silks I’ll take those I guess. After killing statues for about an hour I decide I’m done for the night. I approach Plunder Outpost from the back side to sell my silks. As I turn around the outpost I see a plain sloop docked.
    I anchor my ship on the beach area. I chat box ahoy, scuttle my sloop, and grab my silks. The other player ahoys back.
    It was at this time I decide to change my tactics. The player didn’t turn his sloop into combat mode when I arrived. He didn’t try to board my ship or run towards me to kill me. While holding the silks I tell him I have silks. He replied Well Played. At this time I am on the dock right by the merchant and I can see him on his ship by the anchor. His title is sailor. I’m a pirate legend, and of course I am wearing all my gear and title. I the tell him to take this off of me. I jump across to his boat, and am now face to face with him. Again he doesn’t try to shot me or sword fight. I then drop the silks at his feet. Jump back to dock and wave as I leave the game.
    I left SOT feeling good in what I had done. I don’t need rep nor money. If his title was true or if he just hasn’t changed it he gained more from those silks than I would have.
    I am sharing this because I read the forums. I know there are bad things said about Pirate Legends. Yes we do feel entitled. We all know the grind is real. In saying that all Pirate Legends are not aggressive. They are not all out to get you.
    I have read in these forums other Pirate Legends that have also given random players items before leaving the game.
    To the other Pirate Legends that do this is I sulute you.
    If the player I encountered last night reads this. Thanks for not playing aggressive. Thanks for trusting that I wouldn’t either. I hope that little bit of rep and gold helped.

Views
  • @w4r34gl3-4-l1f3 Plot twist, he was 50/50/50/10

• @Crimsonraziel
    Hahaha that could be the case. If so it did Nothing for him.

• @w4r34gl3-4-l1f3 I'm sure he sold the silk and blew it all. Sneaky swashbuckler!

• @w4r34gl3-4-l1f3 nice one.

• I ran Athena last night :p

• Did the same with a hateful skull on wednesday at night... the only difference was that that other solo slooper was already running with his sloop from me... I called him in text chat: "hey come back, I am logging off, i want you to have my loot you seem to need it more!"

So he dropped the anchor, turned back and i gave him my hateful skull as i scuttled my boat.
    We danced together at the docking peer for some seconds, i said "Bye bye pirate! Have fun" and he replied: "Bye bye friend!" as I disconnected the game and went to bed.
    I did smiled as i turned off my PC.

... yep sometimes not sinking anyone is much more fun!

• Almost every time I cash out at the end of a session I will take an item and set it on the table in the tavern. I dont know if anyone ever sees these or sells them, but it makes me feel good knowing that the next person to spawn in that tavern will have a surprise waiting for them.

Views
1 out of 8