First random Meg encounter

• So finally i had my first encounter with a Megalodon after THD ended.
    I was in a hurry on my trusty sloop, heading to Sanctuary outpost for a cannonball delivery (to be clear: delivery in a crate, not from the cannons) and only had about 10h left.
    Suddenly the music starts and a Meg starts circling and staring at me curiously while i climbed to the crows nest to have a better look and make sure i would survive the first bite.
    After a short staredown Meg just turned away, not looking back and just disappeared into the depths.
    I guess i got lucky this time, no shots were fired and no damage was taken or delivered.

It still was a good encounter, shook me awake from my lazy sailing.

Maybe Meg was just intimidated by my Megalodon Figurhead and Sharkhunter flag, or (more likely) one sloop and one pirate wouldn't be enough anyway.

I wonder what would have happened if i decided to open fire ...

Views
  • I also encountered my first yesterday. I was circling Ancient Spire waiting for a nasty storm to move on before delivering on a merchant voyage. I swear Ancient Spire has the worst weather.

Anyway, I couldn't see the outpost so I jump down to the map table to check my location in comparison since the compass was going haywire. That's when it came up out of the water behind my boat.

I won't lie.....if freaked me out a bit at first. I'm busy managing the ship at the edge of a storm and my only concern was the lighting not taking out my cargo. Then this thing pops up.

I, too, didn't open fire and Meg circled me a few times and then moved on. Thankfully. Not sure I was in a position to deal with another threat at the time.

Views
1 out of 2