Changing Priorities

• Interesting session with my wife today. We had gathered several chests, and a few skulls, and a crate of silks, and were about to head to port when we were attacked by another sloop. My wife was ready on the sails, keeping them trim, we are just going to out sail and out patience them. As we have something to lose and they do not, we will just sail back and forth across the map taking occasional pot shots as we turn and wait till they give up. These guys were better than most, they chased us for like 45 min or more, more than one trip across the entire map before they gave up. Then we sailed to port and sold

We sold all our treasure, they got nothing... that is a win

The as we left port we noticed the same ship nearby, we went full attack of course. The priorities had changed, we had absolutely nothing to lose. They were a good crew, but we did finally sink them.

We could hear them talking in game ( my wife and I use discord with a different talk key ), they were saying they dont get it, they assumed we were cowards as we would not fight them straight up before. Then all of a sudden we start attacking them. My wife and I laughed, totally different priorities depending on if you have anything to lose or not :)

There is zero incentive for me to fight an equal ship if I have treasure on board. Not when I have all the time in the world ( retired here ) and if we sail properly there is absolutely nothing they can do. We said nothing to them of course, as a general rule we never talk to an enemy, only to those that act as friendly ( until they prove otherwise )

Views
1 out of 1