Galleon needs slow leak like Sloop

• I think that balance with these 2 different ships still needs to happen. One of the biggest issues that me and my roommate come across while facing them is that its almost impossible to sink them. The galleon does not have enough holes on the bottom to make it even difficult for a crew of 4 to repair. Biggest thing that drives me crazy is that the sloop always takes in water no matter where it is hit. Slow leaks are almost always the reason that galleons win when facing them. I know it sinks really fast when it gets to that 2nd lvl but i think its a little unfair when u have to continually repair the ship when your on the sloop and galleon only have to go to bottom of ship and call it good. Please balance the ships!

Views
  • @plumpjester131 написал в Galleon needs slow leak like Sloop:

I think that balance with these 2 different ships still needs to happen. One of the biggest issues that me and my roommate come across while facing them is that its almost impossible to sink them. The galleon does not have enough holes on the bottom to make it even difficult for a crew of 4 to repair. Biggest thing that drives me crazy is that the sloop always takes in water no matter where it is hit. Slow leaks are almost always the reason that galleons win when facing them. I know it sinks really fast when it gets to that 2nd lvl but i think its a little unfair when u have to continually repair the ship when your on the sloop and galleon only have to go to bottom of ship and call it good. Please balance the ships!

Nope thx sloop for 1 person Galleon for 4 persons

• I agree the sloop isn't really made to sink a Galleon. You can sink a Galleon with a sloop when it has a noob crew.

• If all four gal. members are below deck on repairs, that gives you other options.

A: Board them and kill them while they are all staring at the walls.

B: Keep hitting them with cannon balls, knocking them back from the walls.

C: Board them and sail their ship into land.

D: Etc

Also, it's rare that all four members are on repairs.

The ships have great balance. You just may need to adjust your attack methods as needed.

• @handsh0t we just got a gun powder barrel in the bottom and my roomate shot it at least 10 times and its like it didnt even effect them. Just annoying whenever a galleon comes around.

• @dislex-fx so your saying that the fact that if the sloop gets hit once it will leak from no matter what hole. If galleon gets hit it might take no water on. Plus your communicating that you don't want your boat to stay alive. Slow leak on sloop and not the galleon is just really unbalanced.

• @plumpjester131 said in Galleon needs slow leak like Sloop:

@dislex-fx so your saying that the fact that if the sloop gets hit once it will leak from no matter what hole. If galleon gets hit it might take no water on. Plus your communicating that you don't want your boat to stay alive. Slow leak on sloop and not the galleon is just really unbalanced.

I'm saying it's not as bad as you think it is.

• @dislex-fx obvious u never been on a sloop. Either you sacrifice your ship or hope the are noobs and kill them all before they spawn back 10 seconds later.

• @dislex-fx also the fact that galleons dont have slow leaks like sloop means they never have to waste there planks on any other floor except the bottom one.

• @plumpjester131 said in Galleon needs slow leak like Sloop:

@dislex-fx obvious u never been on a sloop. Either you sacrifice your ship or hope the are noobs and kill them all before they spawn back 10 seconds later.

I just actually finished up a sloop session with a buddy. I hit Pirate Legend tonight, while using that sloop.

Sloops are basically hard mode. With practice you'll see they are not bad ships. Plus, sloops will outrun and outsail gals...

...if you know how to use a sloop.

Just hang in there and keep working on it.

• The slow trickle thing would be strange since it's nowhere near the waterline.

The whole they dont need to repair the top deck will be fixed when the next major content drops :-) The skeletons will have cursed cannonballs, one of them wil drop the ship lower into the water making it fill up from the middle deck holes. I'd love to see that happen to galleons with lots of holes in the top deck.

As for balance we have different toolsets. It's 2v4 so I'm guessing the 2 people have a major disadvantage. They do have manouverability and swiftness in their toolkit and can use that.

A good sloop crew cannot win from a good galleon crew. If the players are evenly matched the ship with more players will win a fight. But the sloop has tools to get away and stay safe. Sloops werent made to sink galleons, they were made to run circles around a galleon and outmanouver then outrun it.

• @hynieth said in Galleon needs slow leak like Sloop:

A good sloop crew cannot win from a good galleon crew. If the players are evenly matched the ship with more players will win a fight.

I'd argue that a good Galleon can't sink a good sloop either.
    We've spent almost 3 hours on a Stronghold playing back and forth for a Galleon.
    Once the barrels were all taken it resulted in a stalemate situation with no ship having anything to do.
    If they boarded us with three people, the Galleon would've gone down (sailing + repairs solo won't work on a Galleon).
    Boarding us with two people resulted in 2 down or 2 + 1 down.
    In the end we both ran out of supplies and decided to just split the loot :D

Views
11 out of 12