We Tried to Be Friendly

• We set sail doing gold hoarders voyages. We did 2 voyages and half way through our 3rd voyage and a raid popped. We continued with voyages. During our 4th voyage going to cash in loot Meg shows up! Fun! Then she turned away as we got to the outpost... boooo! We had only seen one other ship, a sloop, the last couple of hours and it seemed they were shadowing us the last hour of our voyages. While we were at the outpost we spyglassed the raid, no one there!

We head over arrive and begin. I keep watch on the sloop and then they inch closer and closer. I tell my partner they were headed to us. Then the fort starts firing on them. They take several hits we don’t fire because they claim friendly. Then they fire on us, so we fire back. They continue to claim friendly. Then they pull up behind us and they begin fighting the skellies. We continue on. I’m sitting on our sloop and see one of them running with a gunpowder barrel I pull my sniper and watch him. He dives into the water by our sloop and I just thought he was taking it back to their sloop. Then kaboom! He kegged our sloop and died in the process. My partner gathers a barrel and goes to their sloop and kegs them. I come back up from repairing and a minute later another kaboom! He kegged our sloop again! No respawning for that guy as their sloop sunk.

I then get a message from the other guy that said he just wanted to help with the raid and split the loot and why did we sink their sloop. I messaged back because one of you kegged us so we kegged you. Then he messaged back no he didn’t the rando must have and he’d like to come back to help us with the raid. I didn’t reply back. We finished the raid and they never returned.

We played 3 more hours and had not seen anyone else and a raid popped. We did that raid uncontested. After we cashed in there were now 2 sloops we had not seen the hours before because they both had their lights on. We guessed they loaded in while we were doing the raid.

Views
  • Yeah is's really sad if you have a crewmate that's KoS. So many ways for encounters to end if you want them to...

• Brutal. We've run into some friendlies who had crewmembers that turned on us before. One time one of our own crewmates decided to kill one of the guys from another crew we were working with for Thrones. We were about to brig him, but he left. We apologized immediately. Thankfully the guys were cool, and we added them to our friends lists.

Views
2 out of 3