One Dead Megalodon

• alt text

I was on a Gold Hoarders voyage, somewhere in the vicinity of Shark Bait Cove, when I spotted a sloop off to the north. At first I thought they were heading my way, so I started preparing for battle. But then I noticed the vessel was making a series of tight turns in place. Then I saw their cannons flash, and I realized they must be in the heat of battle with a megalodon.

I paused, considering my options. I could have ignored the battle and grabbed my loot while I had the chance. But then I saw the ship take a big hit, and that settled it. I couldn't stand by and watch a fellow sailor meet such a tragic end. I dropped my sails and headed in full speed to aid the sloop.

As I drew near, I used the megaphone to announce my intentions to help. They didn't respond, but I considered that a good sign. Anyway, it looked like they could use some help. I got in range and positioned myself to intercept the beast, unloading my cannons.

I noticed the best visibly (and audibly) react with each successful hit of my cannon. I put some hurt on the creature, but as expected it quickly turned on me and attacked. I braced myself for impact. The huge animal took a pretty big bite out of my hull, but not as big as the original megalodon. I patched up the holes as fast as I could and got back into the battle. I could hear the thunder of the other sloop's cannons.

It was a fierce battle, but ultimately we prevailed. In a sudden compulsion of either courage or foolishness, I swam out to the great beast to make sure it was really dead. That's when I snapped the above photo with my...uh...pirate camera. :::cough:::

After the battle I pulled alongside the other vessel and gave a hearty salute. Like myself, it was only a single captain on board. He followed me to a nearby island to recount our heroic battle over a tankard of grog.

This was a really fun encounter, all the way around. It's also a fine example of how awesome this game can be when people aspire to greatness, instead of just murdering each other. This is why I play Sea of Thieves!

Views
  • Sounds like a great adventure!

• @purplemajic It really was!

• Aye, this is a tale worth tellin'. Nothin' bet'er than two hearty capt'ns facing off against mother nature and prevailing.

• Do you know if you are able to just sail off without fighting it? Haven't been able to play the new update yet.

• @enticed-malice Yes, you can sail off without fighting it. If it's aggressive it'll be circling you and taking bites out of your ship, but when I reached an island it swam back out to sea.

• @seanethermore cool, thanks!

• Great story mate! I always try a peaceful meeting before shoot as well and what really makes me happy is that megalodons are really attacking sloops now 'cus I have never seen the Kraken since I only play as single player. So that's great! Cya on the seas.

• Thank you so much for telling us your story!! You're a true hero @Genuine-Heather R'D Also love hearing how you tell the story.

I gotta see what else you've written@ (8'D

Views
1 out of 9