The Tales of the Tuesday Night Pirates - Stormy weather turns explosive

• My first mate and I were anchored off a small island in the North West riding out an intense storm that passed over the island. We had just come from Cannon Cove and had two powder kegs on board. As a precaution, my first mate moved the kegs below deck and proceeded to bucket out any water that came in from the storm. Meanwhile, I used my long rifle to pick off the skeleton crew that was on shore.

Suddenly, a lightning bolt shot down from the skies above and struck the bow of the ship. A moment later, there were two large explosions. My first mate was gone and there were now four holes in my ship. I quickly set about repairing the holes and once done, I used my bucket to clear out the water.

My first mate was returned from the Ferry and was surprised to learn that he died because the lightning set off the powder kegs. We learned a valuable lesson that day.

Views
  • Oh wow! I usually place the powder kegs in the crows nest and most storms blow them up. I was gonna try putting the barrels below deck whenever a storm was close to protect them, but after reading your post, I know not to do that! Thanks!

Views
1 out of 2