To the galleon who lost their "heads" ;)

• My tale begins a ways back, on the day that Sea of Thieves launched new cosmetics which could be found in different regions. I, gold in hand, was eager to see the new merch, and jumped onto my little sloop for the sole purpose of checking out the outposts. My last stop was Sanctuary, and after spending far too much in the clothing shop, I came out to find a galleon quietly anchored next to my little sloop.

"Ahoy!" I said in voice chat as I approached. "I'm actually just on to look at the new cosmetics and was just about to log off! Feel free to take my supplies before I leave."

No response. So I get closer, using a bush for cover as I observed the situation. Two scallywag pirates were already on my ship, and another was swimming over to my ship...with a gunpowder barrel.

Hmm...

Luckily, Sanctuary has that little island off to the right, so that's where I ran...and from there, I sword-dashed across the water to their ladder and climbed aboard their galleon. In the captain's quarters, 5 skulls gleamed on the shelf.

"Tsk, tsk," I thought as I shook my pirate head. "Such a shame." The skulls made such a cute little splash as I threw them overboard into the water. :) As I jumped from the galleon with the last skull, I heard the gunpowder barrel blow up my ship.

While the galleon crew busied themselves looking for me on the outpost. I quickly brought each skull to that little island on the right, one by one. Soon, I could see them scrambling to find their skulls.

One pirate was camped outside of the skull tent...but I know these islands like the back of me hook!

I took each skull one by one and snuck around the back, right behind the enemy pirate (Sorry Danielle....you weren't standing close enough to the tent to stop or see me) and sold every one of their skulls literally right behind their backs.

They eventually must have figured it out because they got so mad that they all left and their ship scuttled.

To this galleon crew, you could have had all my supplies for free, AND kept your heads but ....tsk tsk...you thought you were so clever.

P.S. you could have at least turned in your gunpowder barrels! They floated to the surface after your ship sunk, but don't worry, I sold them to the Merchant lady for you so you're all squared away with her ;)

Thanks for the 5K in gold!! Helped pay for a new outfit. :)

Views
  • @mortarchelle you are truly a legend. Reminds me of the time I was running solo merchant on a galleon, when a sloop came by and sank my ship, not sure how as I never heard a blast or cannon fire. Nonetheless, I spawned close by, grabbed a gunpowder barrel, and went for revenge for the 2 golden snakes they stole from me. Upon my return to the outpost I dropped anchor right before ramming into their sloop with the gunpowder barrel already perched at the front most tip of my mighty vessel, shot the barrel with a pistol, which then triggered a chain reaction causing their 2 gunpowder barrels sitting in their crow’s nest to explode as well. That was loud and glorious, and assured they were out of ideas for revenge their sloop sank to the depths. I jumped aboard the sloop and grabbed their skull, dashed to OoS to cash-in.

• @doxzax Thanks! And same to you, well done!

• @mortarchelle I think your story Deserves a shout of from the devs.

• Great story. I remember once I was sailing around with a ton of loot and I saw a galleon going to the outpost I was going to. This was the days crews didn’t get friendly so I knew they would try to kill me on sight. So making it there maybe 5 seconds before them I anchored on the opposite side of the island. I grab my best item and head to sell it. They didn’t even notice me. So I continue to sell my items and I manage to sell all but one and then they, finally, notice me.one guy comes to my ship and tries to kill me and I simply walk past him. After I sell my last item they all come onto the island and start to shoot at me. They were such bad aim I calmly went to their ship, found they’re gunpowder barrels they forgot in they’re crows nest, and sunk them. After their ship sunk they had 3 captains chests. I took all of them and hid them until the fools left. Then I sold them. What were they doing while I was selling my stuff? They were to busy shopping to sell the best stuff!

• @doxzax Awww that's sweet, thank you :) :)

@NACmine LOL! that's certainly the first time I've heard a story like that! Thanks for sharing. :)

• This is hallmark to why one of my favorite actions in game is stowing away... Not specifically for the skulls...

But rather then entertainment i find in committing to actions such as:

Coming out of hiding to help them fight other ships/Karen (Otherships usually ends badly... they just assume I am a boarder and kill me but karen? I usually end up getting laughs and lauded for my appearances)

Dropping loot stowed in the captains quarters overboard for a following sloop to pick up

Chatting mysteriously from my varied hiding spots... nothing more entertaining than watching people scour ships looking for me as I sleep on yardarms of the sails or "inside" of powders kegs stacked in crows nests.

Moving loot around the ship to odd places behind the crews back... not causing them to lose the loot.. just wonder why the big glowing skull is on the bowsprit...

Instructing the crew to perform various tasks such as trim sails... tack to the wind... sail in a certain direction... and watching them perform the deeds as if I am crew...because they didn't notice my voice is....uh... not one of their crews.

Causing their parked ship to sail off randomly... or if I am really lucky... anchoring without detection (nearly impossible for me... but I've done it).

Perform my own voyages if the crew happens to be at an island of relevance to me....and leaving my loot on their deck forcing them to ask.. where'd this chest of XXXX come from? IDK? Or Why do we have chickens on board? Do I hear a chest of sorrows?

Or helping repair damage to their ship when they are in combat...

And so many more comical things...

So cheers to you mate! You stuck it to 'em for sure! Wish I had done it :D

• @blooddoll22 this is awesome. I’m gonna try it sometime. @MortarChelle im still not sure what that crews deal was. It was like they wanted to get stolen from. Or they just were awful pirates.

• @blooddoll22 LOL! Yes, I've done things like this as well. It adds even more to a game that I love. I once boarded an enemy galleon with the intent of befriending them... all 4 were raising their anchor, and no one noticed me...so thought I'd have some fun with it ;)

I got on their wheel and started sailing it. No one noticed. They then started shooting my galleon so I decided to turn away and sail them into a rock. As I was heading for the rock, one of the galleon crew came up by the wheel. I was sure he would notice me and try to kill me, but when I got off the wheel, he just took the wheel from me. So I killed him.

Surely gunfire and a dead crewmate would alert the rest of the crew, right? Wrong. Another crewmate comes up by the wheel and he too meets the wrong end of my blunderbuss. 2 dead crewmates...now they'll know something is up! Nope.

As I get ready to ram their galleon into a rock, a third crewmate comes to the wheel. I point my gun at him but rats! I get the dead man's click. I'm out of ammo. No worries, he still doesn't notice me. Into the rock we go. The crew runs around to see if there was any damage to the ship, myself included, an unfriendly pirate who doesn't belong on this galleon. Sadly there were no holes. I started running around the ship to check for loot, finally going into the captain's quarters. No loot.

One of the first pirates I killed comes into the captain's quarters. I just stand there. Waiting for him to realize that I'm not supposed to be here. Finally, he does! He shoots me and takes nearly all of my health but I finish him off...right in front of another one of the crewmates...who somehow still doesn't realize that I'm not on his team, despite the fact that he just watched me kill his crewmate. I run out to the balcony off the captain's quarters and eat a couple of bananas. The pirate who actually witnessed me kill his crewmate comes out. This is it! Right?!

He pulls out.... his skull mission....and shows it to me. At this point, I know these guys have to be really new at the game and I start feeling bad, but in essence, I didn't actually do them any harm. I go up by the wheel and finally, the witnessing pirate realizes I'm an enemy and kills me.

I returned to my galleon and we continued on our mission, but for about 20 minutes, we had the galleon in our line of sight, and it was still up against the rock I sailed it into.

If you care to see how this all played out, I uploaded it to YouTube lol.

• @mortarchelle that was a great video. I whenever I actually take a video either it ends badly or something great happens but the video messes up and it never saves.

• That was an awesome tale! Thanks for sharing, and I hope you continue to share fantastic tales from the waves into the tavern! Happy sailing!

• @nacmine oh I have the same problem! I use Nvdia to record and it's supposed to record the last 20 minutes but it's honestly a luck of the dice as to whether the video will actually record or not. I'm going to download OBS tonight which I hear is more reliable!

@Zollin2400 Thanks so much! I enjoy sharing tales from my adventures on the seas and will be happy to share more as they come up! Happy sailing to you as well :)

Views
11 out of 12