Sitting in the naughty corner highchairs

• We were doing the solo crew throne events when attacked by a sloop and galleon who worked together and came up on us in an instant.
    Yeah, we dropped our guard for these silly highchairs and got caught snoozing. The galleon lined us up for a head-on collision, bowsprit to bowsprit while the sloop passed by too close to get any shots below the waterline but still unloaded a few causing damages.

Perhaps it was because we were flying the rainbow coloured flag that we were attacked whilst moored at one of the throne islands?
    I find it ironic that the lines on the so called "rainbow" flag are surprisingly horizontal and straight, instead of the typical arch that all rainbows are.

We finally found someone willing to join us in the multi crew events but that didn't last long.
    We still had a crew mate trying to get onto the throne but two members of the other crew, on the throne with me, talked me into sitting down for their screenshot then despite my pleas for them to wait a minute, they left before she could claim the throne. That was their last throne so they scuttled and left the game.
    Good going guys, your mothers raised real gentlemen. NOT!

We managed to team up with a duo sloop for the remaining four thrones.
    I don't know what the tide was like for those calling this fun but firing ourselves from the sloop was a nightmare in such choppy waters.
    I was ready to rage quit due to the frustration of bouncing off the target while others waited patiently. Then there were times when I was the first on the throne and had to wait for them.
    Perhaps beds would have been better suited for this event.

To me personally, it simply wasn't worth the frustration. The costume look like c**p, especially on thin characters and the exchange for rep or gold isn't worth the time invested.

At least the megalodon gave me enough of a break from the factions grind to go a few more weeks and if I had my time over again I would have skipped this punishment of sitting in ten naughty corner highchairs.

Where did it get me as far as progression in the game? The event cosmetics don't appeal to me, although I have bought c**p that I don't really like or need, I already have 1.25 million gold and the rep exchange is like one quarter of a point.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who thinks that the time put into creating big-a**e highchairs could have been invested into something, anything, more worthy.
    Even seagull droppings falling onto us would give more laughs and something to say "Hey, that's cool".

I can understand some people saying this "event" was fun. Sure it is, after such mind numbing faction grinds, even getting poked in the eye with a stick would make a more interesting change.

In all honesty I think that releasing Megs (or perhaps a pod of whales) to randomly roam the seas, attacking at free will, would have been better than sitting in the naughty corner highchairs.
    It would add to the game as a whole and not just another one-of event lasting an hour or two. But as they say, small things amuse small minds.
    Oh look, a fly landed on the wall. I can't wait to see what that rascal does next. Gotta run. :o)

Views
  • @admiral-rrrsole my partner solo-slooper and i got attacked by the same galleon crew, multiple times while doing this event lol and i sunk them every time. I'd unload 10 cannonballs in various locations and watch their ship beach because someone wasn't bright enough to keep steering. another time, they had been circling and i got bored and sailed to the location of the next highchair and waited. my partner brought them over, i was in the water with a keg, and they simply sunk 🤣 honestly, that made it more fun because the chairs themselves were p*****g me off. unless your feet touch first, you're bouncing off. I'm just glad i got it over with.

Also, can't agree more about the outfit being hideous. i got the jacket and will never wear it again lol i think I'll waste the rest of my doubloons on rep for order of souls since i can't stand those anymore. they aren't listening with the aimbot issue or are working on it (hopefully). but we've all complained for a while.

• @maquark lol Great stuff.
    But yeah, you are right. in that if you don't land feet first you go bouncing off and it becomes less fun with each wasted shot and shameful swim back to your vessel.

Glad to hear that some PvP made your highchair experience more interesting. :o)

• @admiral-rrrsole lol it felt like a high chair with how much i was crying after missing so much. marauders arch can eat excrement.

• I play games to get away from ppl. Why does every game try to force me into multiplayer when everybody knows ppl & randoms suck? I waste more time in this game because of ppls behavior than I think any game in history. So many voyages & forts taken on to come away with absolutely nothing.
    Now Im doing highchairs all day for nothing. Solo slooping leaves me waiting in a chair for hours for ppl to show up. If & when they do; they're just there to sink my boat. More ppl are sailing around purposely targeting those trying to do the chairs than are actually trying to do them. Every random boat I approach to do it sinks me as well. Even if I talk with horn & wave on bow etc. that I am friendly & trying to do thrones; Ppl fake wave & fake friendly just to sink me anyway. LFG offers me no way of joining another boat on same server & the ppl that join my boat on a gal to do it arent even reading the post. Im 24 hours into this event & I have only 1 single throne done. I cant find another boat on a server to work with after 2 hours in this session alone. All the boats I do find have already done it & are just out to grief. Cant win with ppl. Cant win without them. What am I supposed to do? I quit GTA cuz everything REQUIRES u find like minded ppl. Same with Destiny raids & trials. Same with, do I really need to list all the games that force u into MP or forever suffer trying to solo at a marked disadvantage?

• @uncleskywalker1 I certainly hear your pleas. But being a soloist is doing the hardest difficult level possible for this game.

I know many randoms can be jerks but even I had to start off as a random for the first few weeks until I met like-minded players whom I became friends with.

Once you've established that friendship applied to the Xbox app you'll soon create a list of "strangers" who aren't so bad.
    I often sloop with a friend I have made on these forums and others from here that I consider friends in either sloop or galleon adventures.

It's a bit had to initially get the ball rolling, many of the first friends I've made have since gone on to playing other games but now I have the choice of several playing SoT at one given time or another.

If you like I can keep you company for up until the next three hours while we look for an obliging crew.

• @admiral-rrrsole Understand I dont always want to play solo, but when u spend 2 hours on LFG or another 2 hours trying randoms u dont have much of a choice but to solo. As an actual adult games that waste my time absolutely cheese me off. I feel like I cant get anything accomplished in the game sometimes unless I just do it all myself (lazy ppl, I'm the Capt. BS) but solo slooping it just gets me sunk everytime.
    The idea of 4 man sloop is horrible BTW for a million reasons (not gonna list them all, but read the mega thread about it & theyre all there) I think the idea scares way more ppl than it does make them happy. If they are added Im just gonna shelve this game like I do so many others. I mean 50% of the time I played GTA heists Id walk away with absolutely zero progress made during the session just due to lack of decent ppl. Im getting to the point with this game where I get sunk, lose a fort, get stuck in a 2 hour pursuit by losers with no lives, or just cant get a crew to agree on 1 thing more often than I actually make any progress. I think Ive been at 39 39 35 for the past month. Im not moving in progress & the stupid shark took me about 3 days to do too. Totally wasnt worth it in hindsight.
    Game makers HINT: YES MP are the future & your game is "antiquated" in most minds if verything isnt online & persistent all the time, but ppl still do play solo sometimes. ADD STUFF ANYBODY CAN DO AT ANY TIME. STOP ENABLING GRIEFERS WITH 4 MAN SLOOPS.
    Its bad enough I already must set aside a large time block to ensure I can sell things before I run out of time or something bad happens (Murphy's Law), but factoring in LFG time or waiting to see if somebody happens to be on the same server in the same are & doing the same thing time; I need to make sure I have 3 - 4 hours set aside to play. Maybe when Im done I will have made some progress, but not guaranteed, no matter how hard I tried. Sounds like fun dont it?!

• @uncleskywalker1 Well the offer is there to hit me up.
    I am opposed to the 4 man sloop, I pushed for the 3 man brigantine and we're getting it instead.
    I prefer to tend to the sails, lookout for other ships and help navigate.
    I'm also open to helping others make up the numbers to do these events or whichever faction you would prefer to do.
    I did the megalodon no less than five times.
    I'd rather shy away from PvP but when push comes to shove I'll defend my crew mates and ship to the best of my ability.

Time has now ticked down to two and three quarter hours before I'll have to leave for about one and a half hours. Find me on the Xbox app under the same name and we'll do this with a few laughs in between.

• I was rammed when doing a shipwrech scavenge but nothing too bad.

PLus there are more reasons to why attack a rainbow ship. Since rainbows usually have gold under them they might not have been trolls but leprechauns

• More time wasted thanx guys. Gave up on chairs, tried to do another fort. Another ship just waited until boss wave to ambush us so they didnt have to do any fighting. We wont have time to sail back before they're gone & oh of course my team quit the second we got sunk like they all do. The other crew do driveby sales at outposts so I cant get loot back. 2 more hours & i walk away with absolutely nothing but anger & frustration. Lazy griefers win again.
    I didnt want a PVE only server cuz I did really think it would ruin the game, but seriously the only fort Ive succeeded at in my last 4 attempts my skull got stolen by a layabout sleep hiding on my ship.
    The last 2 updates are further forcing me into long LFG times & long wait times hoping for likeminded ppl on a server. Y cant u add some PVE stuff that doesnt require random runins on servers & stuff only worth doing once so help is extremely hard to come by Day 2 or just a stupid fetch quest? I dunno whats up with the servers but I cant even sail to the locations that the thrones r at right now without getting sunk! Awesome job rare.
    I defended u guys for the longest time on this game but apparently the only way to win here is become a toxic grifer myself. U want a pirate? U got 1. Im not doing anymore work. Everyone can get it, empty boat or not. Friendly or not. Everyone else can keep grinding legitimately on voyages while I will just sail around & ruin everyones day. Just like real life. Nice guys lose. Jerks win & think its hilarious; & if u dont like it ur just a salty crybaby right? U want everybody to sail together, but u must realize these r real ppl playing the game. They will always use & abuse everything to its fullest potential & your idiots will always outnumber your smart ppl.

Views
1 out of 10