Joining a server with friends in another crew.

• I've been wondering it would be nice you could join a instace where friends are playing without joining their crew.
    It would also create the oppertunity or choice for people to make 2 - 2man crews with a sloop and join together to sail the sea and see what kind of adventure it might create, like taking on a galleon with 2 sloop's or when your friends already have a full galleon you could tag along in a sloop.
    I just find it would be a nice option to have in the game.
    What do you guys think?

Views
  • @djflurk

I wouldn't be nearly annoyed at these multi crew quest requirements if we could join servers on a different crew.

• While I agree this would be a nice feature to add, it would lead to groups overwhelming a server, which defeats the random encounter experience that SoT is trying to provide. Imagine how frustrating it would be to try and have your adventures on the seas when 3-4 ships are all teamed up in a private party chat and grieving anyone they come across.

• Nope, would break the world, sorry man.

• I have had myself and some friends crewing multiple boats on the same server about half a dozen times now. It's actually quite easy to do >w>

• The option to join a friends server rather than a friends game would be VERY useful.

• This topic came up out at E3, and you can check out what was said here:

• @lady-aijou That alliance option to share rewards... mmmm so good >w< I can't wait!

• @bathrobe-dave That's also a pro sometimes because not everyone wants to help with them ... i can understand that.
    @chadgsu overwhelming ... i don't think so you still have a server cap and if it's full you can't join, but when you can it would be nice that this was possible. Plus about the party's 3-4 yes it could be annoying for some but it would make it realisticly also in the real world this would have happened many times, plus if it really would bug you this kind of party was going on ... you could Always join another server. i know it has pro's and con's but i've had times that i couldn't join friends because their galleon was full and sometimes i thought like wouldn't it be nice to attack a galleon with 2 sloop (crew of 4) making it harder for the galleon to be the big man on campus ... it would bring the usefellness of a sloop in a different light.
    @blyssful-abyss How do you do this? rejoin the game everytime untill you are on the same server?

• @djflurk said in Joining a server with friends in another crew.:

@blyssful-abyss How do you do this? rejoin the game everytime untill you are on the same server?

Me and my mate have been trying this for the past hour now, no luck. :/

• Has come across friends in the same server but in another crew for the 3rd time.👌🏼

• @blyssful-abyss How do you do this? rejoin the game everytime untill you are on the same server?

Nope, log in, ask another crew, if ur friend can join them, because u like play with him, u will find a nice crew ur friend can join in... got more friends? Go ask another Crew... ;)

Views
1 out of 12