The Fort, Sloop, Legends and Karen

• So last night a buddy and I decided to duo it up. We scan the horizon for a skele fort and to our dismay it was not active. So we proceed to do OOS voyages and gather about 8k worth of Skulls. As we headed to the next map we see the Sharkfin Camp fort pop up. We turn in and head to it.

As per usual we had to sail into the wind from a good distance, we tried to decide if we wanted to swing way out of the way to get kegs or to press forward and see what was there. A good amount of time had passed since it popped up so we decided to go for broke and head there kegless. As we approach we see a sloop tucked in on the fort already. We swing wide and engage, we sink them with out kegs and kill them as they tried to board. That was the last we saw of them. They were kind enough to have about 10 kegs in their crows nest so we loaded them up.

While loading I noticed a Galleon parked at an island (or outpost) in the distance. I keep an eye on them and continue loading. Last keg loaded I see they are still there and we start killing waves of skeles. In between waves I see the Galleon moving and trying to hide behind a rock in the distance. They were trying to be sneaky but it's hard to miss a whale of a ship behind a rock...Much like a Grizzly Bear trying to hide itself from prey behind a Oak sprig.

So the 3rd wave we killed spawned the captain and we hastily dispatch him. The cloud disappears and the galleon makes their move, we grab the key and run back to the ship. My buddy jumps back to the island to try and board if they get close; they kept their distance at that point he says they are "Legends", so I drop sails and head out. I began sailing into the wind....Which just so happened to be blowing from the East.....They red sea was taunting us....We make some evasive maneuvers and sling some hole punchers at the Galleon. The legends launch and try to board, all missing their marks, we dance with the wind and against the wind trying to put distance. At one time I jump and keg their ship and get hit by the Galleon so it pushed me away from the ladder. The Legends grab wind and get a good angle on my Sloop and a Legend latches on, and drops the anchor, after a grueling fight he dispatches my Crewmate. I'm to far to get to the sloop but to close for a mermaid. I see the Legend jump and hit the water. I end him with my Eye. I grab the key the Galleon sails over me and I see someone jump in the water I hide between them and their galleon and swim away towards my now revived crewmate, he picks me up and we snatch the wind and haul booty.

I believe the Legends thought a shark killed their Key Thief because they continued to sail around the spot and drop anchor. We had put a good distance between us. Ahead there is a storm moving our way, so I grab the helm and ride the side of the maelstrom trying to draw them into the heart of it. They finally start gaining some ground with the wind, as they entered the tsunami my old friend Karen pays them a visit. Seeing our chance we cut into the heart of the storm which just so happens to be heading to Sharkfin, concealed from sight we make it back to the Fort.

At this time we were unsure if Karen had them for dinner or they simply lost sight of us and continued hunting, we could not see them anywhere. We pop the door grab the SH Skull, SH Chest and a Chest of Sorrows. We grabbed a few more of the lesser items and then decided to make haste to Daggertooth before they showed back up.

We get to the outpost and I see a Galleon in the far distance, at the time I didn't know if it was the Legends. We turn in our Partially collected bounty and as we run to our Sloop from a different direction from the sighted Galleon the Legends come in hot. I jump aboard our sloop and drop sails as they get danger close, 2 jumped in the water and missed and I pulled away. More maneuvers were done, attempts at boarding us failed and then in desperation they fire a hail marry Pirate that lands within in snatching distance of our ladder. Now, I watched him hit the water so I was more than prepared for him. He climbs and I slice him with my Cutlass. I look over and see nothing, still not convinced he was gone I jumped on the ledge and see the tick latched to the very bottom of the ladder, he makes a desperate climb and I execute him with my Eye.

Shortly after I see their Galleon sink to the bottom. We had won...They gave up, victoriously we sailed back to Sharkfin and and loaded up their rest of our spoils sacrificed a Potato Skull and Seafarer's Chest to The God of Thunder and to Karen for their blessings and turned the rest in.

So all in all it was a amazing experience and always remember just because a sloop is at a fort it does not mean it's easy pickings.

(Side note, had they just stormed the fort instead of waiting for us to do the heavy lifting, they probably would have had a better chance of winning that scuffle.)

Views
  • We might have ran into the same galleon last night as well. I don’t know if they were Ledgends or not because the had the Admerial sails and hull and we never really seen them.

Great tale! Glad you got all your loot. We didn’t get the lower priced items like rare tea.

Views
1 out of 2