Mistaken Identity

• It all started when Darkzeph and I decided to take on a skull fort.

When we arrived at the skull fort we noticed a galleon already taking on the skull fort. We knew our little sloop would struggle in taking on the galleon on our own. So we decided to run one man covert ops!

I would shoot Darkzeph to the island and he would swim in covertly and scour the island for gunpowder to sink their ship whilst I kept the mobile spawn a safe distance away.

After several failed attempts at locating a gunpowder barrel a sloop arrived at the island. The sloop immediately started attacking the galleon.

After sever failed attempts and re attempts at sinking the galleon. A 3rd sloop arrived (ours being the 1st)!

Together the two sloops sank the galleon, however one of the sloops went down.

Well Darkzeph was still on the island and managed to get the key to the skull fort while there was only one other enemy on the island!

He promptly singled for me to pick him up and I sailed full billow to pick up my friend!

As I approached the island anchor cooked and ready to turn and burn Darkzeph appeared on the beach with enemies behind shooting at him!

I anchored the boat close enough to the island that Darkzeph could jump on board without using the ladder!

And then

His enemy stopped

And said

"Oh it's you guys! We were wondering what happened to you guys and when you would be back!"

And that's when

The galleon from earlier was spotted re approaching.

In the midst of all the confusion Darkzeph and I quickly turned our ship and sails away from danger and sailed away as fast as possible.

We had the key and we had our enemies fighting our enemies. But all was not well.

They quickly realized that we were not who they thought we were.

We now had a sloop and a galleon in pursuit of our ship for our I'll gotten gains!

We sailed through rocks, storms, gunpowder, and around the map twice!

And still they followed

We knew we had to give them the slip if we wanted to keep the key. So we sailed as hard as we could to gain every inch we could to put just enough distance between us and our enemies.

We eventually put enough distance between us and our enemies for them to lose just enough sight for us to quickly pull into a port and change our colors!

In the dead of night we went from our starter ship to blacked out. Black sails, Black hull, with a black runner.

Our hearts were racing and our hands were hungry for treasure!

We very carefully surveyed our enemies to make sure our slip had worked, and indeed it did. They lost track of us and stopped at a shipwreck. We knew we had given them the slip, but our voyage was not over yet.

We still had to sail back and load the treasure.

So we turned and burned once again, to Crows Nest Fort!

Views
1 out of 1