Confessions of a Blue Phantom

• The other night I slammed and sunk some newbie who had spawned at Ancient Spires Outpost. I don't feel good about it. There was no reason to do it. But I was feeling kind of ornery, and seeing a docked ship with a reefed white sail and white flag. I debated it for about a half second or so, decided to glide in, man my canon, and just pound the sloop for all its worth.

But afterwards I felt like crud. I didn't need to bag that boat. There was no treasure in it that I could see floating after I had sunk her (ergo my conclusion that it was some newbie who had spawned), and there was no real combat, just me using her for target practice.

I don't know why I did it. I typically spare other players, even veterans flying colored sails and sporting all kinds of cool threads. So yeah, I started to feel extra bad. Like I was one of those guys who camps ports simply to slam the noob spawning there for the heck of it.

But that's not me. Okay, this one time I broke down and bashed a harmless sloop like there was no tomorrow. But I'm thinking my casual kill days are over. I did it one time, and once was enough.

To the dude whose boat I put holes in, sorry my man. Just one of those things.

Views
1 out of 1