The new update was a double edged sword

• As my crewmate from school and I rushed home, we talked of strategies for a threat we haven’t even seen yet. As we logged on, the first thing we did was skip out on looting resources and high - tailing it to shark bait cove, from galleons grave. On our torchourous journey across the map with wind blowing against our sails, we arrived to maverick merrily playing his pirate toune. Some pirate legend came rushing to the island and as it turned out, he had just completed the update. Not too long after, an all black galleon comes in hauling, and we hear teenagers shouting to slow down and lower the anchor - voices filled with excitement and anxiety.
    As the pirate legend says goodbye, my friend and I truce with the galleon.
    We get the song from maverick and take the sloop and galleon to S25? Somewhere around there I think, and we all hop on to the galleon and play our delightful tune.

It was then, when we herd a blood churdling start of rare’s Ominous music playing. My crewmate and I rush back to our sloop to try and make sense of what’s going on. The beast arrived shortly, slightly larger than the galleon itself. We shoot at it with cannons, but alas, we had very little cannon balls. With every bite the megaladon took from a boat, joyous, anxious, excited screams came through staticky mics. Probably one of my favorite expirences. That is, until we both sank.

We forgot to discuss a rally point, so my crewmate and I stocked up and left for maverick once again, in hopes of finding our lost friends. As luck would have it, as we arrived, the crew was there, along with two bonus sloops. We formed a fleet and took off for the megaladon, and formed what we called “the death circle” which was really just a dumb parking job. XD

We all got on a sloop and played our merry hearts out, and once again came the ominous music. Now with more ships than ever, our fleet killed the megaladon in less than an hour. It was the most fun filled 40 minutes of intense battling that I have experienced in sea of thieves. Rare did an excellent job with the boss fight on such a short time frame and I for one am not disappointed. After that, one of the sloops turned on us for no reason, and we took them down in seconds. Seeing our full potential, we decided to do a skull fort raid. On the raid, we had two sloops and a galleon fleet rushing in on a duo sloop trying to earn its wages, but alas, it was no match for our superior fleet. We took down the skull fort in 20 minutes or so, with incredible lag, greater than any I’ve seen before. We split up the profits by factions and from there we were off. At the outpost we achievement hunted by launching ourselves at other ships and raced them and all got drunk in the bar. By far the best community of pirates I had the pleasure of playing with.

Later today, I was getting on for a bit and saw one of the other fleet memebers. I joined their game and we sat outside of shark bait cove waiting for people to come with treasure and backstab them. All in all, the hungering deep was an update that definitely made my sea of thieves experience more enjoyable. Not to mention the loot that I can run in my friends faces when they start playing XD

Views
1 out of 1