THD, do i miss something?

• I know Rare said its a medium update but...
    I've been searching all the books for a few hours and then i just got the drum, I found more crews to team up with ( another galleon and 2 sloops ) and we killed the megalodon.
    It wasn't easy, but we finally killed it.
    I dont know if there is something else to play on this new update or if that was all.

I know its a medium update but if killing megalodon was the end of the new content ... I was expecting just a few more, maybe just a larger campaign :/

Views
  • @captain-neythox Nope that was it.

• @sileepytime Then it's just a small update xD

• I haven't played the updated content yet. Is it re-playable, or is it one and done?
    Random event like the Kraken, or do you have to seek it out?
    How does it change the game play going forward?

• @captain-arcanic No point in doing it again since the 2 skins you get are the only thing you will get for the hard work.

• @captain-arcanic The story line / campaign its done once. But you can allways spawn the megalodon if you are at the right place

• @sileepytime 2 skins?? I only got the figurehead

• Is there a reason to spawn it again? Can you let it roam the seas?
    Sorry, I know I'll find this stuff out when I play tonight. I'm just curious.

• @captain-arcanic There is no point on doing it again as you get only a First time kill reward

• @captain-neythox seems like THD isn't a DLC. But just a temporary event with new features that will remain after this ends..
    Megalodon is just part of this.. not just a simple feature, because besides the campaign it gives nothing to the game..

My opinion is this needs to change after the end of the event to give meaning to this threat.
    And I hope Rare is planning to do that. Since they talked about offerings and sailing undisturbed.. that's not part of the current mechanism

• @captain-arcanic said in THD, do i miss something?:

Is there a reason to spawn it again? Can you let it roam the seas?
    Sorry, I know I'll find this stuff out when I play tonight. I'm just curious.

It doesn't roam the seas.. it only appears if summoned in the same place.

There's some rewards for repeating the campaign.

• @nunoazuldimeter said in THD, do i miss something?:

@captain-neythox seems like THD isn't a DLC. But just a temporary event with new features that will remain after this ends..
    Megalodon is just part of this.. not just a simple feature, because besides the campaign it gives nothing to the game..

My opinion is this needs to change after the end of the event to give meaning to this threat.
    And I hope Rare is planning to do that. Since they talked about offerings and sailing undisturbed.. that's not part of the current mechanism

I had thoughts of having to placate the beast with music or some other kind of offering when it appeared randomly, so it would attack others instead of your ship.

@nunoazuldimeter said in THD, do i miss something?:

@captain-neythox seems like THD isn't a DLC. But just a temporary event with new features that will remain after this ends..

I had thoughts of having to placate the beast with music or some other kind of offering when it appeared randomly, so it would attack others instead of your ship.

Yap. Me too. That's was what I understand and expected too from the mechanism of this. But seemed I got that wrong..
    I hope that became a reality after the campaign ends.

• @captain-neythox said in THD, do i miss something?:

I know Rare said its a medium update but...
    I've been searching all the books for a few hours and then i just got the drum, I found more crews to team up with ( another galleon and 2 sloops ) and we killed the megalodon.
    It wasn't easy, but we finally killed it.
    I dont know if there is something else to play on this new update or if that was all.

I know its a medium update but if killing megalodon was the end of the new content ... I was expecting just a few more, maybe just a larger campaign :/

Anyone else planning to lure ships into fighting the meg and sacrifice them to the shark god

• @rattlyfob Shark God need human sacrifices

There's some rewards for repeating the campaign.

i did it twice didnt get anything extra.. :/

• I can't wait to see the chaos and blood shed that's going to happen on the island tonight with everyone trying to start this!!#

And the posts about needing a PVE server cause the PVPers are keeping the PVErs from getting it done.

Muhahahaha

• @captain-neythox said in THD, do i miss something?:

@rattlyfob Shark God need human sacrifices

That tailgating sloop will never know that low rumble was actually the chum drum reaching out to our lord the hungering one

• @captain-neythox

There's a little more news about it here, and what will be coming along after the two weeks -

• @katttruewalker Thats great !! Thanks for the video!! Lets see what content we get in 2 weeks

Views
1 out of 20