A legendary legend

• After reading of so many Pirate Legends who simply drop a voyage on the table and virtually sleep while the rest of the crew put in the hard yards, I am happy to be able to say that not all legends are lazy mongrels.

I had only played once before with this fellow Aussie (as a random) and although we have invited each other several times since, we've always met with bad timing. Either one or the other of us were already in good crews upon receiving the invite.

Every time I open the Xbox app I see him playing SoT. He has definitely put in the hours and hard yards.

We had a chat the other night and he told me that he was about four skulls away from reaching "Pirate Legend" status. I wished him well and said goodnight.

Last night as I was hearing that my regular crew mate was playing on a sloop with his wife, my Aussie friend invited me to join him in a legendary voyage. Finally, perfect timing.

We had one random who dropped a powder keg from the crow's nest and shot it on deck. So we brigged him. He carried on with playing c****y music and non-stop texting stupid c**p so we had to mute him and his messages. When we cashed in the disgruntled rando thanked us all via the Xbox app for the free loot and left before we did the legendary chest. lol Silly fool.

Another random replaced him but this guy was cool and pulled his weight.

The Pirate Legend was an active member of the crew, not the typical "PL" afk'ers that I've read about on these forums. Although he hardly said a word all voyage, at the end he proposed that we all go with him to hand-in the legendary chest together and have a few drinks in the tavern.
    He then took us down beneath the tavern floorboards to the legend's lair, waiting every so often as we staggered through the underground passage with difficulty then he stood at the stairs to the PL tavern and simply pointed to it.
    He waited for the last of our crew to arrive then actually thanked us for helping him.

I won't post his full gamer tag as others would pester him to drop voyages for them but thank you Shadow Step for just being such a stand-up guy.

Fair winds and happy sailing, mate. :o)

You are a true legend, my friend.

Views
  • Good on ya for taking care of the saboteur, I don't know why people do such things to the detriment of their own team. It'd be easier to just help them! At least the guy didn't empty his gun's clip out, because you can spam the damn trigger pretty fast...

Its rare for me to go into an open crew, or just search a crew in general. Whenever I search alone I normally get some interesting basket cases... Though I have met some pretty cool people!

• @crazyt101 It's beyond me too why so many people are like this. Why sabotage the ship or throw loot overboard? They would get more loot and rep from just sleeping on the bed if they are too stupid to be of any use.
    Why even start the game if they're not going to play it?

Yes people, don't spank your kids for any wrong doing and they will grow to be model citizens like that guy. Pfft

Views
2 out of 3