My First Legendary Chest

• A two man sloop floating through the sea, going by Wanderer's Refuge to see a galleon with a unicorn on the front. One man throws himself to the island, the other goes to an outpost to deliver loot.

The lone pirate (me!) swims to the island with no damage from hungry fish and sleeps inside a bush. The galleon slowly makes its way to the island, cautious of any potential interloping ships nearby. I launch myself from my bush into the sea and swim towards the great boat, until I come upon its rear butt.

I slowly make my way towards the ladder to avoid detection only to be hit by a shark! Fortunately the shark pushes me towards the ladder so I climb onto it just as one of the galleon's crew members looks near my direction. He fires on the shark that attacked me, but somehow doesn't see me!

The galleon un-anchors, I hear, and two cannon shots are fired to signal people being shot towards Refuge. I slowly climb up the ladder to see what is left, only to see an enemy crew member staring towards the anchor's direction for some reason. I lower myself down the ladder to remain hidden, and I hear what sounds like a spyclass being taken out and used. Several minutes pass, I begin to hear gunshots being fired from the island. I also hear what sounds like the steering wheel being turned.

I make my way up the ladder once more, and sprint towards the captain's quarters as the remaining crewman adjusts the sails. Inside the quarters I see a good amount of skulls! One villainous, a few fouls, several disgraces along with a captain's and seafarer's chests. I sleep among the chests to avoid detection.

15 minutes pass. I hear them climbing up the ladder and then I see it. Athena's treasure chest!

The crew places the chest on the voyage table, and they circle in awe. They take turns holding it, using the puns that the emote wheel has. It seems this may be their first one.

After a good few minutes of staring in awe at the loot, they all retreat back to the main deck and begin turning the boat and adjusting the sails. They aim to go to an outpost, I know it. A crewman returns to the quarters.

He's standing right next to me, in the corner with the bed. I don't move, just staring at him from my disguise hoping he doesn't realize that he's brushing up against my pirate. He quickly departs, probably taking a picture for the memories. The sails are lowered.

I quickly turn my camera to the door, seeing nobody on deck. I wait a minute or two, so the galleon is a distance away from the island before I stand to scoop the chest up and jump overboard. Alerting my crewmate of what I have, I swim towards the island as the galleon continues on towards an outpost.

Several minutes pass, I'm nearing the island before my sloop alerts me that the galleon is turning around. They've realized the deception! Thankfully they were with the wind on the way to the outpost, so I have time as they are now against it. I land on the island and begin to find a hiding spot for until my sloop reaches the island so we may stow away our new found chest.

The galleon begins to circle the island, hunting for me. I;m hiding in a little nook between rocks, sleeping so they cannot see my name. They continue circling, my sloop says. They're trying to ward him off. I tell my crewmate to circle with them, to get them to chase. He does as I suggest.

And they take the bait.

A sloop can out-turn a galleon, you see. So when my ship turns the corner it gains some distance from the galleon. My ship passes me twice before I begin swimming out to see with the chest, and on the third pass my ship floats right by me so I am able to catch the ladder.

We turn against the wind, towards Plunder Outpost. And start sailing away.

The galleon, to our surprise, does not give chase. They seem to have anchored a small distance from the island, perhaps they were searching underwater for it? I do not know why they didn't think we had it, but we had no customizations on so I am assuming they thought we were new players who couldn't have possibly stolen their chest.

But nevertheless, we sailed freely to Plunder, and turned in Athena's treasure for 4,157 gold and nearly halfway through rank 1 of Athena's faction. First legendary chest, and I'm not even a legend.

Views
  • @crazyt101 Sleeping among the gold for stealth. I like it, and so very Scrooge McDuckian.

• @lizardspider

Thank you :) It was a very intense moment for me when the crewman was next to me, reminded me a splinter cell game lol

• @crazyt101 I love the older splinter cell games

• @doubledragun

I really enjoyed Double Agent, its multiplayer is something that I found amazing. Wish they would remake it!

• The balcony behind the captains quarters provides a window into the room to view the loot teams might stow there. If you sleep emote in the tiny corner at the left or right of the window you'll maintain a view into the room. You'll be safe from anyone on the planks noticing you, by looking that way, and be protected from any view out the rear cabin window. You just have to angle your 'sleep' emote properly to assure your diagonal with the balcony, so that neither feet nor head are near the edges of the balcony, preventing players from seeing you if they approach from left or right of the ship. Further, the angle and shadows in that lil 'alcove' there often provides coverage if you wear darker clothing so potential overhead views when players might drop from a higher cliff/rock towards the ship... will less likely notice the small mass that is your deceptive body. Works even better if they rely on darker 'skin colors' for their ships.

• No no, you ARRRRG a legend..

• @Blooddoll22

Oh yes, that spot! I've used that before when getting revenge on ships who sink my crew, but I was afraid that someone on the island might see me wandering so I just stuck with the chests.

Thank you though for the tip! :)

• @crazyt101 lol You sneaky sod. I can laugh only because it didn't happen to me. I would be furious though, if it had.

I guess all's fair in the life of pirates.

• @crazyt101
    Great Adventure there, truly legendary!

• @admiral-rrrsole

Since you told me one, its fair that I tell you one!

Did you know, on the front of the galleon by that long stick thingy, you can sleep on the other side of the rail? Very nifty if your clothing matches their ship colors...

Edit- Oh you're not Blood! Sorry about that, but thank you I love being sneaky in this game. Very fun!

• @crazyt101 lol No, I didn't know that.

My mate and I have stowed away on a ship at a skull fort.
    We were just sleeping getting some rays on the verandah of the captain's quarters while the crew were running back and forth to their ship as it was under attack a couple of times.
    They even walked to the end of the plank, looked around but never saw us right there. lol

We had no intentions of stealing their loot or sabotage, just wondered how long it would take them to find us.

It was a good ten to fifteen minutes before anyone found us and I think that was only by accident. lol Good times. :o)

• @crazyt101 said

Did you know, on the front of the galleon by that long stick thingy, ...

BTW, it's called a "bow sprit" and is featured on the sloop model too.

• @admiral-rrrsole

I have yet to actually sneak onboard a ship with raid loot without them noticing! Those b*****s are paranoid, let me tell ya!

Though, if I were in your position I'd be the jerk pirate that nabbed the skull lol. Takes a lot of will to resist that loot!

And thank you about the bow sprit, had no idea what that thing was called lol

• @admiral-rrrsole I call it the toothpick, but to each their own. If you get a barrel on the end of it, it's a matchstick. ;)

• @crazyt101 and @LizardSpider Just so you know, the other wooden spike at the stern of a galleon is the toilet paper holder. It is positioned right next to the p**p deck for obvious reasons. lol

Just kidding. ;)

• @admiral-rrrsole rofl, that's a fancier term than what I call it. I don't think they'd let me post it here.

• @lizardspider Yeah I'm an ol' Aussie who uses many swear words in every sentence. I have to bit my tongue and use kiddie friendly language here.

• @crazyt101 amazing story.

Views
18 out of 19