The Fantastic Four - A Story You Don't Hear Everyday

• I know how refreshing it can be to hear stories such as this one, so I decided to tell my glorious take from today. Enjoy!

I started a Gold Hoarders quest. To my surprise, it led me to a total of 5 different islands. How lucky I felt when, after arriving to my first island, all the chests I dug up were Captain's chests. Joy filled my heart at every dig of the shovel. I quickly cleared the first 4 islands, and headed to my last one: Wanderer's Refuge, which contained 4 chests to dig up. I took a while, but I finally arrived, and this is when the story gets good.

Upon docking at the island, I was raising my sails, and as the camera forced me to look up to raise them, I noticed someone on the rocks from a hill on the island waving at me. My heart skipped a beat. Immediately, as I'm used to unfriendly pirates, my heart skipped a beat. I was afraid of losing all the chests I had worked so hard for, and took my gun out prepared for any strange moves. The player jumped on my ship, and as I readied to aim at him, he spoke. He must have been around 10-12 years old judging by his voice. Surely not the kill-on-sight type of player.
    "Hey Assassin" he said. "We're friendly, you see that ship behind you? That's my friend, he's friendly too. We're here on the island for a skeleton quest."

I remained vigilant, but I felt more at ease. I dug up one chest, and they made no advances to take it. Just minding their business. They seemed reliable. Soon after, another ship approached. Now I didn't feel too comfortable, especially since I didn't know the intentions of the other ship, so I went around to a side of the island I'm which they wouldn't see me, and continued to get the rest of my chests. I noticed that the two sloops left together. They had teamed up!

"How nice" I thought, "but I can't risk losing these chests. I'll head to the Outpost and then see what they're up to."
    I headed to the closest Outpost and sold my loot. I had sold nearly all my chests, but then I felt like those nice pirates seemed to be starting on these seas. Surely a couple of chests and a skull would help them out a bit and give them a boost on their adventure.

So I headed to where the two sloops had gathered with two chests, one skull and 3 golden chickens.
    "Assassin!!" They said with enthusiasm. "He's back!"

They proceeded to swim to my ship, as I held one of the chests in my hands. I was genuinely happy. It felt good to give some of my loot to those who might need it more than I do.
    "Oh my god. This is for us?! These people are so freaking cool!"

I offered everything else I had on the ship, and they continued to screech with happiness.
    "This is all for us?! Thank you!" they said "thank you! These are the nicest people we've met in Sea of Thieves!" (I really am not making that up).
    "Let's head to an Outpost!" I suggested through game chat. But they already had that plan in mind, along with the other sloop.

How good and powerful I felt when these three sloops, united, were heading to an Outpost. A fleet! I had never been part of one!

But the story doesn't end there. There was yet another sloop at the Outpost. What are the odds? Soon all 4 sloops gathered at the Outpost. The kids were the last to arrive. All the sloops (including mine) were decorated differently, and we looked like the three kings waiting for the arrival of the young ones. We were all playing music on top of the sloops' back ceiling. What a joyous encounter.

The kids arrived and couldn't believe their eyes. They could not mask their joy at seeing that we were now a fleet of four sloops. Heck, even I was excited about the rare event!

I went around the ships and decided to take a picture for proof to showcase right here on the forums! Sadly, as I climbed on my ship, it strangely sank to the bottom of the ocean and dissappeared.

As I rose to the surface, the following is what I saw:

The ships were either flying away or sinking, the server crashed soon after, but what a tale that was. I hope to see those scallywags in the seas again. Luckily we were befriended before it all came to an end.

Views
1 out of 1