Story 4. The Massacre at Keel Haul Fort (5 ship battle royal!)

• Harrowing Tales of the Cursed Clover

• The Massacre at Keel Haul Fort

This fourth and final story(for now) Is our most recent. Happening just last night.

We were tackling a fort at Keel Haul we are full crewed on the galleon. Per usual making pretty quick work. Unfortunately not quick enough. Enemy Galleon Appears. We return to the ship and prepare for battle. Capt Ironlung swim out to their ship with an explosive barrel but gets killed in the water by enemy crew they then take his barrel and another barrel and detonate them at our ship.(my failure was not dropping sails and taking off. I thought our position could hold out.)

So we go down. As we are returning we see another galleon making its way to the fort. And then another galleon. and on top of that. A sloop. It was beautiful every ship on server was fighting for the fort. Circling the island cannons firing every direction. The skeletons putting in work on everyone. If that doesn’t get you heart pumping you might be dead.

We check the fort no one is on the island so myself and Capt Ironlung swim to the fort leaving orders for our ship to look involved in the fight but try to avoid direction confrontation and keep them distracted. After a few waves(I’m assuming they hear the horn for each wave) other ships start sending people to the fort.

So the battle has escalated and now there is fighting on land and sea. People dying and shooting back to the island ships sinking and returning. Not to brag but between our land team and our ship team I think we outperformed the rest. Killing the most at the fort. Dying the least at the fort. And the Ship? Lasted so long they had to break off from the fight to go resupply at a nearby island. Never sank till the fight was well over.

Finally we hear captain music. Capt Ironlung was waiting to respawn I was yelling at him to hurry and get to the fort. I searched frantically for the captain and finally found him right as guy from a rival crew killed him.

I chased him down trying to kill him but was gunned down when three more guys jumped into the fray all from different ships trying to get the skull for themselves.

The battle on the fort quickly changes pace. No one was allowed to leaves. Every frantically trying to find who had the skull or if they had stashed it somewhere. When a ship would get too close to the show it would be swarmed by pirates.

The battle on the sea was still raging. I have never seen anything like it in any game. Everyone against everyone. Everyone desperately trying to pull ahead. Everyone thinking the other ships have the key.

I run to the south side of the island searching bushes when I see something out in the water.

“No f*****g way!” I say to no one in particular.

Out in the water floats the keys. I swim out grab and make a B-line for large rock to the west of the island. I get there get killed by sharks. Respawn and help the crew sink a sloop that was after our ship. Sadly our ship was out of planks and went down as well.

Two of our crew stayed behind and found the key. They hid on top of the rocks while myself and Capt Ironlung returned with a new ship. As we pick them back up sloop returns, We do some creative lying they don’t buy it. I’m off the ship as one boards kills two crew and preceded to search the ship. (sadly for him I have a new and fantastic hiding spot I have no plans on sharing.) and We kill him.

They refuse to believe we don’t have the key but they sink and we hit the fort as fast as we can to reap our rewards. After we get the last item aboard sloop shows back up. Surprisingly enough they are the only ones after us.

I will give them this as well. They are good enough to avoid getting sunk by cannon fire but despite the trash talk they break down in a face to face fight. Which is where as Capt Ironlung and myself do pretty well.

They chase us to golden sands. Our attempts to board during the journey failed. As we get there we have some miscommunications that lead to us crashing into shore. Not a big deal we patch and just maintain as the sloop tries to work on us.

During this confrontation Capt Ironlung and myself sword dash to their ship. The whole time they are trash talking and saying they plan to take off when he gets close. “He gets close.”
    They did not see me. I go around the front and grab the ladder on the opposite side. Kill one and distract long enough for Capt Ironlung to board and finish him off. From there we take a nice voyage to a set rocks and slam their ship into them.

There as their ship sank the the real trash talk started.

Them: You guys are garbage. We are just two guys and we sank you! (once and only because we had no supplies.)

Them: Man you guys just really suck you spent six hours on that fort.(four hours tops of gloriously beautiful and the most fun we ever had playing.)

Me: We may have spent hours on that fort but so did you. And you didn’t even get anything for it.

Them: We don’t even care we were just board.

Me: That’s exactly what salty garbage pirates would say.

We then killed them before taking a triumphant mermaid back to our ship.
    But this story is not quite over yet, because as we returned a single man sloop was battering our ship with cannons. He was parked on the opposite side of the island and was rather negligible at best. If he got anything from us he would have earned. So long as he wasn’t from the salty sloop I was fine.

So I ran over to his ship as I got there He left to get to ours. I took his ship sank it and another crew member finished him off at our ship. Then we finished turning everything and he respawned in the water surrounded by our entire crew.

Me: Hey man listen. I appreciate you trying to get in here and get something for us. Your tough and I like that. But we are done, your ship is sunk and it’s time to be put down lady.

We then enclosed around him and finished him off.

After that It was victory screenshots and grog as we said farewell to our rando and sent him off with the offer to join us again some time and gave him a reminder that the crew of The Cursed Clover always gets paid.

I hope whoever takes the time to read these enjoys them. They were real stories from our sessions over the past few weeks and I recalled them as best I can remember them. There was a lot more cursing in the actual events but I tried to keep it pretty PG. I also would like to see in each of these cases we died quite a bit more then I stated. But dying is inconsequential so long as you come out on top. If you read this and wanna sail with us some time feel free to message me and when we have room we are happy to make stories and memories together!

Photo borrowed from a Rival crew I found posting about the battle on reddit.

For more stories
    Harrowing Tales of the Cursed Clover

Views
1 out of 1