At LEAST add a bounty on pirates. Please

• Ok, my crew is at the point where we want to be destroyed. We even put 4 stronghold chests on the tip of ship, line the whole front with skulls and cover the deck with treasure. No sell till were done playing ...in Hope's people will see all this and try harder to sink us. ... a great idea would be if we sink a ship, we become wanted....the more we sink the higher the level and more loot a person can get for sinking us. Either a item appears after were dead that they get and turn in...or whatever. And if your wanted, everyone can see that by either a specific cloud that follows us or a red boat icon on the map. We would like that and then we can welcome anyone to come try and take us down. Like a real pirate life. Pirates didnt dig up treasure chests and transport silks and chickens. The good guys do that.

Views
  • Oh and no. If u sink a wanted ship, you don't become wanted.

• what i would do if this would be implemented is lose the fight a bunch of times, so they run out of supplies, then kill them because now they have a gigantic bounty! not really tho but that is a flaw

• Wanted to whom? The other 3 or 4 ships that are in constant revolution due to how the server works? Going to hunt you down and see the ship name on the hull with the spyglass? I'd love bounties but no idea how this could even work in this game.

• @drewbob7 said in At LEAST add a bounty on pirates. Please:

what i would do if this would be implemented is lose the fight a bunch of times, so they run out of supplies, then kill them because now they have a gigantic bounty! not really tho but that is a flaw

Perhaps another player can pay gold to put a bounty on a player's head. The bounty would follow them even if they change servers until the bounty is claimed. Imagine the badge of honor it might be to have 100k to 200k in bounties on your head.

• @ghostpaw said in At LEAST add a bounty on pirates. Please:

@drewbob7 said in At LEAST add a bounty on pirates. Please:

what i would do if this would be implemented is lose the fight a bunch of times, so they run out of supplies, then kill them because now they have a gigantic bounty! not really tho but that is a flaw

Perhaps another player can pay gold to put a bounty on a player's head. The bounty would follow them even if they change servers until the bounty is claimed. Imagine the badge of honor it might be to have 100k to 200k in bounties on your head.

This sort of thinking should have been incorporated since launch.

I've mentioned it before, others have as well. Yes, the servers are small and it can be sometimes easy to "hide".

But we are supposed to be pirates right?

Pirates are criminals, usually with bounties, and certainly with notoriety attached to their names. Even the art team added in "wanted posters" and similar into the setting... it's not an inobvious thing that there should be virtue attached to the moniker legendary.

As it sits a legend is some person who ground out the game in some form or another, be it making a joke of the game community by slaving their feed followers into allowing them to cash in, grinding away while afk, server hopping to speed up skull fort appearances, even simply grinding fairly, and more silly ways.

Legend means nothing in this game.

At best it's "end game content" which, as we know will eventually expand - but as it sits - is itself an insult.

To truly "be a pirate legend" reputation needs to spread.

This is exactly the sort of form that it could take, tracking pvp/bounties.

It's not the only form. And it only focused on ONE aspect of the game... but I can easily imagine that I'd respect the players with:

Highest kill counts

Most gold earned

Gold per (time allotment) average

Most of one type of voyage conducted

and so on...

Putting a players name in lights for success in a venture, for all to see. That's what "some kind" of bounty system will generate. (Among other shared trackers, benefit gained)

Isn't that something we should want?

Blackbeard isn't notorious because he "farmed skull forts or sold chickens all day".

He's feared because he has the highest K/D ratio on the server!

He might be respected for selling the most chickens and that would help guide players interested in that task to his flock.

But other than that.. what tools to develop reputation do we really have in this game aside from stroking egos?

• @johnny-vain
    All this would achieve would be turning the entire game into a pvp & griefers paradise.
    All pvpers would just mindlessly kill everything to get the bounty put upon them to entice even more pvp.
    So basically pvpers get rewarded with the chance of more pvp if they kill everything on sight!
    A half decent player who decides to troll his own crew could just jump off & attack, blow up any other ship to get his own crew a bounty on them, leave game & repeat.
    Crews could team up in server & farm bounties etc
    No, there wouldn't be any problems arising from that at all ;)

Also only around 6 ships per server & not persistent instances, so if the other crews had no interest it makes the whole thing pointless anyway!

• My idea was to allow players to create quests for other players. One would be Treasure Ship. So if another ship spotted your treasure, they'd be able to create a quest for it at an outpost, and a wanted poster would appear at all outposts with a description of your ship and last known location. Wanted posters would stay up until quest completed, treasure is turned in, or poster leaves the instance. You could also have them show up in message bottles on the beach.

• @johnny-vain Nice N**s matey

• This is just the same ego drivel that's in so many games these days. Everyone wants to be on a pedestal. I'd like to see something like this except it should be the SHIP that's wanted not an individual player. Then you'd really have something. A ship people told stories about. A ship that people would lie about having crewed on once...

• @logansdadtoo yea or like in gtaV. You cant relax because everyone is out to kill u. Or u have to worry that a better crew will come after you because they want the challenge having the mark on you makes you hated by all.

• @drewbob7 said in At LEAST add a bounty on pirates. Please:

you know you spawn across the map when you sink right? Pretty sure I can collect 300 cannonballs before you come back.

• We need this. And a player posted bounty board too.

• A bounty system would be great to have!! but im not sure how it would me implemented when there are only about 6 ships on a server at anyone time..

But in saying that id love to get a notoriety system or a PVP faction. The more reckless you are the higher your bounty rank gets.. and if people take you out they get a phat reward and you maybe get a debuff so you can not go on a PVP spree for about 24hrs... kind of thing

• @johnny-vain said in At LEAST add a bounty on pirates. Please:

Like a real pirate life.
    Pirates didnt dig up treasure chests and transport silks and chickens. The good guys do that.

Actually, many merchants were once pirates. Some did both at the same time.

@Rdizz
    I do agree that there needs to be a bounty system including rep for the PvP side of the game. The longer the bounty goes unclaimed (in game time) the higher it gets. This would work both ways, for your own bounty rep and the bounty rep for whomever brings you down.
    Ship flags and game tags are red during the bounty faction.

The bounty faction could be the default until any member of your crew proposes a voyage.
    Then ship flag and name tags change back to how they currently are. This will not change again until you have accepted the bounty faction from an outpost.

Sink a bounty ship and your bounty rep increases. Sink a non-bounty ship and your rep decreases, but the bounty on you increases. It's totally up to you and your crew. Perhaps you want their loot and think the bounty placed on your crew is worth it. Especially if they have just defeated a skull fort. This "open event" could change them back into the red bounty status.

If need be:
    They could even implement it to disable cannons between a PvP and a PvE faction ship after the first strike. They can already distinguish when one ship cannons another by that chime when your cannon ball hits another ship (or the kraken).

Views
1 out of 15