Not very happy with the solo play

• I had a really bad night...started voyage, got some chests...then get attacked by a 4-man Galleon while adjusting my settings. Ended up being a complete waste of time (i don't have much). If you say join a crew...thanks for the brilliant advice! I love this game, but damn...I couldn't even get revenge (got spawned across the map, with the wind against me).

I guess this is just a "rant", I really don't know what to suggest as a solution. But, I do know that if this is the direction that my solo experience is heading, I might quit playing, and that is sad after paying $60.

Views
  • @snakebottom Whats you opposition with joining a crew? It would solve all of your issues in this post.

• It isn't always that easy to join a crew though.
    I've landed in 2 decent crews since starting the game on release day (other than pre-setup ones with friends).

Also Sloop is good if you have a cheeky 30 mins and want to do a quick golden chicken run - I've had a couple of those scuppered as well by Galleons.

• @snakebottom Don't adjust your settings while having treasue on board. I know this sounds like patronizing but that really was the mistake you made.
    I play solo myself a lot and let me tell you, it's not a walk in the park mostly (which imo is the thrill of it). But if you use your ships characteristics to your advantage, no galleon can ever get you. At the same time you need to be aware of your surroundings. Always double check the horizon for sail before you anchor, after each item you bring on board, check the horizon again.
    If you don't trust other players don't ever sail near them. And if you're not the best at ship to ship battles, maybe avoid them until you loaded off your treasures.
    Playing solo is hard because of all the micromanagement you have to do but once you get the hang of it, it's delightful.

Hope you manage to turn your mood on the game around and have some fun, wether solo or not.
    Cheers.

• @snakebottom You can out sail the galleon until they are bored. Keep into the wind when and where you can. Remember galleons cant always go where sloops can. Beat them via Physics hope this helps.

• @moodeightyeight
    I find that if I have no treasure and solo playing a sloop letting a galleon chase you for 20 minutes or so then stopping and seeing them when there is nothing to take is very amusing.
    What was said above if you pay attention the galleon can never catch a sloop and most just give up after a few minutes.
    Love the games playing solo and with crew
    :-)

• Perhaps solo/duo servers would be a good solution.

• Yeah, the fault kinda sits with you Op. I mean, going solo you need to be constantly vigilant, whether it is going on an island, checking out a sunken wreck, or heading into your settings. It sucks i'm sure, but if you made sure there wasn't a sail on any part of the horizon before going in settings you might have been fine.

Views
7 out of 8