was this guy hacking?

• looked like he one shot me with either a pistol or sniper when i had full health

Views
  • You should probably take down that video, callouts aren't allowed on the forums.

If you suspect a player of hacking, report them via Xbox Live.

I know eye of reach damage got buffed, and that damage is variable, so it's possible it can do 100% in one shot now. You may have also been hit by something else around the same time.

I also don't know of any hacks that allow damage buffs.

EDIT: After rewatching it, there is about one frame where you have about 80% health and you hear a second gunshot. Looks like someone else shot you as well.

• @hiyall1
    maybe he shot you then switched to sword and hit you
    maybe his mate shot you at the same time
    maybe you got dmg from the cannon shot

• @hiyall1 написал в was this guy hacking?:

looked like he one shot me with either a pistol or sniper when i had full health

its a blunderbus, look how he holding it, at close distance its still 1 shot there you go.

• @hiyall1 https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/54294/console-pc-crossplay-an-easy-fix/3
    And this post from guy who shooted you.
    You are welcome.

• @hiyall1 Yeah it was a pistol and you had full health up until that shot.

Gotta suck. Sorry dude.

• @nefrit-od Wow, good spotting.

@nefrit-od im on pc too. theres no way you can switch weapons and shoot instantly like that, i have tried

Em what? He droping chest turning around and shooting you he has a lot of time to do this
    And switching weapons its like 1 second :)

• you died from a Pirate legend not so bad at all )
  • @nebenkuh What, what and what?
    You obviously didn't watch the video.

• @nefrit-od @hiyall1

So from the video, i watched it around 20 times, ranging in speeds of .25 to 1.0 etc etc.

Its most definitely a macro. It was pistol/Sniper combo with a macro to fire, swap weapons and fire. That can easily be modified to happen in .1 seconds time.

I'd report it. I'm unsure about rares stance on mouse macros, so i dont think it will amount to much. Some games don't allow it, and others are ok with it. Such as @SweetCalf942652 mentioned.

Also this video isn't calling out anyone, its someone asking for an opinion. Its not saying hes hacking, its not shaming the enemy player in any way. It's no different from someone posting a highlight clip or funny bit on the forums to show off. So it shouldn't be against any ToS.

Go to the Support page on these forums (make sure u do it here to ensure they are being investigated) and also report the player on the xbox app itself.

• @nefrit-od said in was this guy hacking?:

@hiyall1 https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/54294/console-pc-crossplay-an-easy-fix/3
    You are welcome.

@hiyall1 he claims to record everything, ask him privately to upload his view so we can all see what happened, if anything it'll be a good learning experience for everyone, not often you get to see both sides

• @mcdougle99 написал в was this guy hacking?:

@nefrit-od said in was this guy hacking?:

@hiyall1 https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/54294/console-pc-crossplay-an-easy-fix/3
    You are welcome.

@hiyall1 he claims to record everything, ask him privately to upload his view so we can all see what happened, if anything it'll be a good learning experience for everyone, not often you get to see both sides

Agree

• @hiyall1

Ahoy mate, if you come across an instance where you suspect a cheat or hack was being used please report it via Support including as much detail and information as possible.

• dont think he was a cheater ,he was just good,i one shot also a lot with the blunderbuss.

• @freecellqt or we just can ask guy itself because i gave link to his post, when he telling us that people blaming him alot and he recording video.
    So mb we will see this shot from his eyes and people stop searching for cheats in any of their deaths :)
    I belive its blunderbuss + lag ![alt text] look how he holding hands

• @nefrit-od It's an eye of reach (the scope is visible in other frames), but there's also a damage indicator on the right side of the screen (visible in your screenshot).

Two shots came through at almost exactly the same time, one from the right, which put you at about 80% health (visible thanks to the damage indicator and the health bar, which appeared green at roughly 80%), and the second came from the eye of reach in front of you (with a much thicker damage indicator, because it was significantly more damage.

There are also two different gunshots distinguishable in the audio, one a tiny bit earlier and significantly farther away.

CONCLUSION: You got shot twice, by two different people, at almost exactly the same time (but a frame by frame will show you that it was two different shots, at different angles and different times).

• @sweetcalf942652 написал в was this guy hacking?:

@nefrit-od It's an eye of reach (the scope is visible in other frames), but there's also a damage indicator on the right side of the screen (visible in your screenshot).

Two shots came through at almost exactly the same time, one from the right, which put you at about 80% health (visible thanks to the damage indicator and the health bar, which appeared green at roughly 80%), and the second came from the eye of reach in front of you (with a much thicker damage indicator, because it was significantly more damage.

There are also two different gunshots distinguishable in the audio, one a tiny bit earlier and significantly farther away.

CONCLUSION: You got shot twice, by two different people, at almost exactly the same time (but a frame by frame will show you that it was two different shots, at different angles and different times).

Then i think your eyes is better then mine :) because i didn't see 2 shots and didn't see scope in here, neither i see shotgun shot on this video but as i mentioned before it might be just lag.
    Also what is "a damage indicator on the right side of the screen (visible in your screenshot)" ??? When your health low your screen always like this :D not only from scoped shot or something else :)

• @nefrit-od There is a large red spike aimed from the edge of your screen towards the middle of your screen to indicate where the damage was taken from. It gets darker the more damage that is taken, so the second one is more visible. My screenshot shows the first indicator on the bottom right. (I would get a second, but the video was taken down. The scope is also visible in this shot.)

• after rewatching multiple times, i have come to the conclusion that a skeleton killed me or shot me first and the players damage didnt register until after the skeleton shot did because he clearly shot first. i use a 5.1 sound system on my PC and the shot clearly comes from the island as a pistol shot and i now see the damage indicator also coming from the island

@nefrit-od There is a large red spike aimed from the edge of your screen towards the middle of your screen to indicate where the damage was taken from. It gets darker the more damage that is taken, so the second one is more visible. My screenshot shows the first indicator on the bottom right. (I would get a second, but the video was taken down. The scope is also visible in this shot.)

so its just luckyshot from eye of reach ? Which is strongest weapon right now in game ?
    Anyway i wan't see this from guy who was shooting :) just curious how it looks on his monitor

looked like he one shot me with either a pistol or sniper when i had full health

You ruined all ! :( i want some detective stuff in here :D

• @hiyall1 @SweetCalf942652 @Nefrit-Od

I'd like to thank everyone for their measured discussion of this incident.

It was really interesting to follow the different points, evidence and conclusions reached and it might well help others who suspect they might have been in similar situations.

In the heat of battle, it's very hard to really determine what is happening, which is why we encourage everyone to file a report.

• See you in space, cowboy (c) :3

• @nefrit-od I guess you could call it lucky, but it will always hit center screen even without a crosshair, so you really just have to know what you're doing. The strongest weapon right now in my opinion is blunderbuss, but it has some massive drawbacks, specifically fighting in water. Eye of reach is probably a close second.

@nefrit-od I guess you could call it lucky, but it will always hit center screen even without a crosshair, so you really just have to know what you're doing. The strongest weapon right now in my opinion is blunderbuss, but it has some massive drawbacks, specifically fighting in water. Eye of reach is probably a close second.

For me its sword :) allways and forever

• @katttruewalker it was just dumb luck. a skeleton shot me which then allowed him to one shot me all within a second. thats what happen to me

• @hiyall1 Well im glad you figured it out, and for those wondering, it was an Eye of Reach.

Edit: I would have loved to see the video though, too bad I was late to the party :( Shoutout to @nefrit-od for telling me about this post.

• @hiyall1 Some more footage of our fights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szbfTYU7_sE

I liked the final kills I got on you guys, since I was 1 hit away from dying and got that satisfying sword block to keep me alive. So I recorded that moment, but sadly I didn't record the kill you recorded :/

• @eddythecaptain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fno2ILOcDSs&feature=youtu.be

• For Love & Peace ! :D

• Hi @nefrit-od , your image has been removed as it is against our rules. Can we please ask you to read the Sea of Thieves Official Forum Rules before making any future posts.

Witch-hunting and Call-Outs
    Posting gamertags or screenshots of conversations in order to name and shame community members is not allowed on the Forums. If you believe a post or thread violates community standards, please flag it for moderation.

If you believe a player has been toxic in the game, you can report them to Xbox Live here. You can also submit a support ticket to Rare Customer Support.

Views
1 out of 33