Remembering Xboxx Addictt - Thoughts and Condolences to Family, Friends and the Community.

• It is with great sadness that we bring the news that Matt, also known here on the forums as @Xboxx-Addictt, passed away last night after a short spell in hospital.

We would like to send our thoughts, prayers and wishes to his family, friends and the Community at this very difficult time.

For those pirates who have made their way to Smuggler's Bay, you might well have come across this easter egg......

It is a book to commemorate a wonderful gift sent to Rare, crafted by @GeordieTommy and @Xboxx-Addictt. He will be sorely missed.

Sea of Thieves fan gift unboxing with Aaron Greenberg and Craig Duncan

The memorial now in game -

Views
  • This is saddening. Matt was a great guy in the xbox community and although our interactions were very few and far between he was well respected by so many, for good reason.

A visit to Smugglers Bay is in order ASAP to pay respect to a top bloke who will stay in many peoples thoughts for a long time to come.

• My condolences

• Sincerest condolences to his family & loved ones.
    Only spoke to Matt on a few occasions, but he always came across as a nice chap.
    Very sad news indeed & i'll also be visiting Smugglers Bay to raise a grog to one of the good uns!!

• Very sad news... I agree- a pirate pilgrimage to Smuggler's Bay is the least that this committed player deserves... I will make my way there & leave something by the his Easter Egg the next time I log on... :(

• This is very sad . My deepest sympathies go out to his friends and his family.

• I wondered what that book was for. Now i know. Best wishes to his family.

• I did not know him, nor have i heard of him before but my condolences to his family and loved ones.
    Great to see him remembered in the game he seemed to love.

• Maybe a Easter egg at a outpost in the form of a statue would be fitting

• A sore loss to the gaming community and to friends and family. I am glad to see the community united to shine on his memory.

EDIT: @KattTruewalker you are a true angel of the community. You glow with love and always know the right words to say. You have my absolute respect for this.

• @f3arm0d3 said in Remembering Xboxx Addictt - Thoughts and Condolences to Family, Friends and the Community.:

A sore loss to the gaming community and to friends and family. I am glad to see the community united to shine on his memory.

EDIT: @KattTruewalker you are a true angel of the community. You glow with love and always know the right words to say. You have my absolute respect for this.

Seconded... :D

• Saw this first thing this morning, the suddenness of this had really saddened me...

His tremendous work in the community has been invaluable to Xbox and Microsoft as a whole and I'm sure many in the wider and closer community are going to greatly miss him.

Peace and love to his family, friends and anyone he has no doubt communicated with at this really difficult time.

• A heavy loss - my condolences.
    I never knew him personally but it's always sad to hear someone from the community has left for another shore.

Smugglers Bay will be my next port of call to pay a small tribute.

Rest in peace me hearty

🍻⚔️☠️⚔️🌊

• Such a tragic loss of one of the great pillars of the community. :( my deepest condolences to his close friends and family.
    #ForeverMorePirate

• My condolences to his family, and a thank you to our community for their support of each other.

• Sending my respects to his incredible character and of course his family at this time. Gamers forever ❤️

• I didn't know Matt but my thoughts and condolences are with his friends and family.

• So sorry to hear about this. It's extremely hard to lose a family member and friend. My thoughts are with everyone. RIP Matt.

• Words are not sufficient to express my heartfelt sadness over the news of his passing. No one can prepare you for a loss; it comes like a swift wind.

May this community, his friends and family be comforted by the outpouring of love surrounding them, and in knowing that someone so special will never be forgotten.

Tonight I will lift my cup of grog on Old Salts Atol and pay my respects to him.

#ForeverMorePirate

• Had the honor of gaming with him, forever grateful. I'm going to honor him by sending my ship into the sunset with our lanterns held high. You are dearly missed.

• My condolences to the family and friends. 😔

• Thank you for your service and may your rest be peaceful!

• Its amazing to see the community like this, reminds me of why i still log in here daily. I personally never met him in always ended up bumping into his easer egg and it's clear he left a long lasting impression on the community! Sounds like a top bloke!

My condolences go to his family and friends through this sad time.
    #ForeverMorePirate

• Followed him on Twitter. Always had good posts and got some of my xbox/gaming news from him. Will be missed very much. Thank you for your service and godspeed, sir!

• Dear God--
    I truly encountered his Easter Egg last night. i can't believe this...

Views
24 out of 25