Why Prod1gyX is my #TruePirateLegend (with sources)

• @rattlyfob OP literally went into details and had sources explaining their opinion on loot sharing. Y u no read post lol

• @rattlyfob said in Why Prod1gyX is my #TruePirateLegend (with sources):

You are right, at the end of the day it is cringworthy that people would bully him or harass him. Personally I just dont acknowledge his claimed accomplishment.

Does that fact hurt him in any way?

No not really. If enough people agree then he looses potential audience members and thats the only real repercussion.

It's just entertainment for us, but streaming is his livelihood. It's really irresponsible in a sense to destroy someone's livelihood because of a stupid game, don't you think?

• @tgirgis Agreed. It wasn't cheating.

Even if it WAS, I'm going to just quote all of the super-toxic PVPers...

"Its a PIRATE GAME BRUH. Pirates cheat and steal. Its not called Sea of Honesty.

"Git Gud."

• @tgirgis said in Why Prod1gyX is my #TruePirateLegend (with sources):

@rattlyfob said in Why Prod1gyX is my #TruePirateLegend (with sources):

You are right, at the end of the day it is cringworthy that people would bully him or harass him. Personally I just dont acknowledge his claimed accomplishment.

Does that fact hurt him in any way?

No not really. If enough people agree then he looses potential audience members and thats the only real repercussion.

It's just entertainment for us, but streaming is his livelihood. It's really irresponsible in a sense to destroy someone's livelihood because of a stupid game, don't you think?

I dont watch his stream and didnt do so before nor do I advocate not watching it... I just dont acknowledge his claimed accomplishment

• Prod1gy is the best pirate legend we could've asked for. I'm serious. There's nothing more piratey than stealing the glory of other people by finding an easier, frowned upon way of doing it.

Prod1gy is not a dude that people love, people hate him because he out-pirated the game about pirates. There's something kind of awesome about that.

• @rattlyfob Considering the fact Rare never punished this player I would assume you already have your answer. They, Rare, do not consider it cheating.

Additionally, boosting in other MMO's is allowed. For instance in WoW if your friends or guild decide to expedite your leveling process, or feed you gear to get you to higher tiers of raiding that is perfectly acceptable. You can even buy upper level raid runs if you have enough gold. All acceptable behavior, and the exact same as was done here.

• @edward-teaz said in Why Prod1gyX is my #TruePirateLegend (with sources):

@crusader-zorro
    I fail to see how jumping off a bridge is comparable to a gaming community working together to see what is behind pirate legend

If by “working together” you mean one man hopping to other people’s lobbies to turn in their chests is somehow comparable to how the game should be played than you seem to be misinformed. The whole point of playing the game is to explore, find loot, and PvP... not server hop to people’s lobbies where 4 other people did the work and one person had to leave and make room for your twitch streamer

• @supersomething said in Why Prod1gyX is my #TruePirateLegend (with sources):

@rattlyfob Considering the fact Rare never punished this player I would assume you already have your answer. They, Rare, do not consider it cheating.

Additionally, boosting in other MMO's is allowed. For instance in WoW if your friends or guild decide to expedite your leveling process, or feed you gear to get you to higher tiers of raiding that is perfectly acceptable. You can even buy upper level raid runs if you have enough gold. All acceptable behavior, and all the exact same as was done here.

Exactly this, it's like the majority of the butthurt people crying in this thread have never heard of powerleveling before.

I'm guessing it must be a whole new shocking experience to discover that's perfectly ok to do and encouraged to do with friends.

• “any crew member can bring their personal voyages to the crew, and share their progression with others” – Mike Chapman

Notice it said "bring their personal voyages to the crew" "sharing their progression" meaning that the voyages of higher tier would be more rewarding.

Streamers make money.

If this was a guy on the forums saying lets just see what Rare has in store for us, lets screenshot and do live videos, no $ attached, I wouldn't have had a problem.

• @xx-roobydoo-xx said in Why Prod1gyX is my #TruePirateLegend (with sources):

@uvg-reign nonsense. People are bitter because they aren't streamers and didn't have pals/followers to help out. And to be real, "boosting is frowned upon in any game" is an opinion and not a metric. I've seen boosting in other MP games among guild mates so I have to call the BS on this claim.

It isnt an opinion, its a consensus, why do you think people are loosing their [mod would edit] about it? youve seen it in other games so that makes it ok then? btw I dont care neither about pirate legend, but naive to pretend you dont see why other people do

• @uvg-reign said in Why Prod1gyX is my #TruePirateLegend (with sources):

@xx-roobydoo-xx said in Why Prod1gyX is my #TruePirateLegend (with sources):

@uvg-reign nonsense. People are bitter because they aren't streamers and didn't have pals/followers to help out. And to be real, "boosting is frowned upon in any game" is an opinion and not a metric. I've seen boosting in other MP games among guild mates so I have to call the BS on this claim.

It isnt an opinion, its a consensus, why do you think people are loosing their [mod would edit] about it? youve seen it in other games so that makes it ok then? btw I dont care neither about pirate legend, but naive to pretend you dont see why other people do

It's completely ok to boost. You must have never played any game of importance the last few years. At least not any MMO's or RPG's.

• @uvg-reign said in Why Prod1gyX is my #TruePirateLegend (with sources):

@xx-roobydoo-xx said in Why Prod1gyX is my #TruePirateLegend (with sources):

It isnt an opinion, its a consensus

That consensus is worth as much as the toilet paper I used a few minutes ago.

• @neller2000 @JunkySandburger uh huh, like I said, idc

• @tgirgis There is a difference between gifting and boosting. You can't hide the fact that he boosted by saying "Oh no it was a gift". If he is to get a commendation for reaching Pirate Legend, make sure to put it on a booster seat to humiliate him that he couldn't even do the work himself.

• @gamecrazys1976 You'd look way cuter holding up that booster seat.

• @gamecrazys1976

Whoa, salty.

• @supersomething said in Why Prod1gyX is my #TruePirateLegend (with sources):

@rattlyfob Considering the fact Rare never punished this player I would assume you already have your answer. They, Rare, do not consider it cheating.

Rare hasnt released any statement on the matter. Until they do they have not backed nor condoned his actions. Until that point it will be up in the air and arguing that they support it is a mute point.

Additionally, boosting in other MMO's is allowed. For instance in WoW if your friends or guild decide to expedite your leveling process, or feed you gear to get you to higher tiers of raiding that is perfectly acceptable. You can even buy upper level raid runs if you have enough gold. All acceptable behavior, and the exact same as was done here.

There is a significant difference between doing harder missions or getting help from a higher leveled individual and recieving loot from lower leveled players to increase your own level and not give any reward to them.

• @rattlyfob Okay you keep waiting for that statement. So now you want to split hairs on definition of boosting? The examples are the same, especially in the case of a guild boosting one of the members to help catch up on levels, gear, or progression. However, you are right in the fact that there is a difference, because in an MMO you actually have vertical progression systems where boosting will make a noticeable difference, whereas in this game not so much.

Additionally, from what I have seen from him lately, he is joining groups from his community and initiating legendary quests for them to get the loot from, then leaving and then repeating it again, so it seems like he is giving back a reward.

• @supersomething i feel a little bit better that he is giving back to the community. But alas I am still of the opinion that he is no true legend.

Views
368 out of 369