What's the fastest way to rank up?

• Can someone give me a detailed guide? Currently 26/30/18 and I play a crazy amount already. We do order of souls and cancel them unless they are 3+ bosses at a near by island. But even when we do 16+ skulls + sunken ships in 30 mins we barley get any rep. Is there something I'm missing? I see alot of people say do forts but every fort we go to has 2-3+ galleons that just keep coming back forever and it's impossible to do them in under an hour.

Do people really just do an entire voyage even tho super long quest just give seafarer chest?

Views
  • Forts with a really good team. Hoping servers.

• Literally the fastest way is to do 'hopping'. Same tactic the World First Pirate Legend player did.

• @irhcsajr Skull forts with a serious crew that knows how to do them quickly. We completed around 10 so far today and are taking a small break before doing more.

Started today at 47/43/33 and im now 49/46/36. Find a good crew and stick with it. Feel free to add me if you want but no guarantee that there will be a spot as i have plenty of people who keep my crew full.

EDIT: For reference, it took us 26 minutes and 38 seconds for our fastest fort. Counting sail time from starting port until final item was turned in. We cleared all waves and got the key within 11 minutes.

• @freecellqt said in What's the fastest way to rank up?:

@irhcsajr Skull forts with a serious crew that knows how to do them quickly. We completed around 10 so far today and are taking a small break before doing more.

Started today at 47/43/33 and im now 49/46/36. Find a good crew and stick with it. Feel free to add me if you want but no guarantee that there will be a spot as i have plenty of people who keep my crew full.

EDIT: For reference, it took us 26 minutes and 38 seconds for our fastest fort. Counting sail time from starting port until final item was turned in. We cleared all waves and got the key within 11 minutes.

How is this possible when there's 2-3 galleons at each skull fort?

• Opening a twitch channel, streaming every day, building up a large community of gamers and make them to invite you in their games so you can profit of their gains. It will be faster than doing it the same way you already did until now 😁

• the fastest way to rank up is by robbing people. im rank 40+ in all but merchants (ugh) and ive never done any voyages. i also have 350k with nothing to spend it on -.-

• @thejolirouge Amen , brother.
    Also Ive been wondering , how was there always a open spot for the streamer dude to join? Did they brig griefed people or asked them to leave so the streamer could join?
    When thinking about it , it seems so fishy doesnt it

• @lowbei And I am a crystallized turqoise unicorn who deficates rainbow cerial

• @gods-el-kimac I wanna be on yer team!

• @gods-el-kimac said in What's the fastest way to rank up?:

@lowbei And I am a crystallized turqoise unicorn who deficates rainbow cerial

thats nice. im at about 365 now. still nothing to spend it on. being boosted while i watch a movie. fortunately, theres more cosmetics coming soon! :D

• For c****t sake we do a hour long voyage with 4 islands and 2 clues, we get 2 castaway chest 2 murader chest and 2 seafarer w*f? What's the point of doing anything in this game besides forts?

• @irhcsajr said in What's the fastest way to rank up?:

For c****t sake we do a hour long voyage with 4 islands and 2 clues, we get 2 castaway chest 2 murader chest and 2 seafarer w*f? What's the point of doing anything in this game besides forts?

Nothing, Just wait till they make voyages more interesting or make it so you can get high tier chests or make chests in higher tier voyages gives more reputation and gold.

15 days and they still haven't done anything, The only good thing we're getting is the PvP respawning to maybe get fixed.

• @theunknownd said in What's the fastest way to rank up?:

@irhcsajr said in What's the fastest way to rank up?:

For c****t sake we do a hour long voyage with 4 islands and 2 clues, we get 2 castaway chest 2 murader chest and 2 seafarer w*f? What's the point of doing anything in this game besides forts?

Nothing, Just wait till they make voyages more interesting or make it so you can get high tier chests or make chests in higher tier voyages gives more reputation and gold.

15 days and they still haven't done anything, The only good thing we're getting is the PvP respawning to maybe get fixed.

I just still can't fathom how people are doing so many forts? No one can answer it. How are you getting these many forts that have no players at them? Every single one we get to has at the minimum 2 other ships that keep coming back over and over. Also how do you get grog chest? We are almost lvl 30 and haven't seen a single grog chest and only 2 crying ones.

@theunknownd said in What's the fastest way to rank up?:

@irhcsajr said in What's the fastest way to rank up?:

I just still can't fathom how people are doing so many forts? No one can answer it. How are you getting these many forts that have no players at them? Every single one we get to has at the minimum 2 other ships that keep coming back over and over. Also how do you get grog chest? We are almost lvl 30 and haven't seen a single grog chest and only 2 crying ones.

People do skull forts because thats the only thing that feels more rewarding to do in this game

Yep, It's very rare to get the grog chest or the chest of sorrows. They have the same drop rate when your reputation 1. Higher reputation does not change anything! And you get harder voyages but the results are the same everytime.

Whoever thought about that was stupid, They should of made that when you complete a high level voyage you still get reputation xp even if you didn't cash in the rewards.

And they should've made it so you get increase chance on higher tier rewards to give a little more gold depending on your reputation.

But i'm going to guess they will fix it in the major update which is like 2 and a half months

Mostly all the skull forts I did had no players (Maybe because me and me crew was so lucky that people don't know about it) It's all about luck.

• Why rush? I don't understand this desperate need to level up so fast. I never felt the need to grind out levels. Everything leads to getting more cosmetics and that's it! Just enjoy the game and the you'll get levels while you do such. This works for me anyway, personal preferences I guess!

• @lucrativedoor8 said in What's the fastest way to rank up?:

Why rush? I don't understand this desperate need to level up so fast. I never felt the need to grind out levels. Everything leads to getting more cosmetics and that's it! Just enjoy the game and the you'll get levels while you do such. This works for me anyway, personal preferences I guess!

Cause end game is lit!

Nah you're the only matey with sense.. it's about the vouyage.

• @freecellqt said in What's the fastest way to rank up?:

@irhcsajr Skull forts with a serious crew that knows how to do them quickly. We completed around 10 so far today and are taking a small break before doing more.

When server hopping do you stock your ship? Or do you just head over and use blunderbuss on the second level of the main tower? Or do you have a new stratagy>?

• @gods-el-kimac said in What's the fastest way to rank up?:

@thejolirouge Amen , brother.
    Also Ive been wondering , how was there always a open spot for the streamer dude to join? Did they brig griefed people or asked them to leave so the streamer could join?
    When thinking about it , it seems so fishy doesnt it

He had a discord (multiple chat rooms) setup with 4 person crews. When he was ready he would let one crew know and they would immediately switch out one player to add him.

There wasn't enough time for the matchmaking system to fill the spot with a random person.

• @weesalty-mug Sorry for the late reply. Always stock. Clear the outpost then depending on how far away the fort is, have 3 players constantly shoot to islands and grab stuff. Since the recent distance change we went from 200 cannonballs 70 planks 70 bananas. to 100 45 45 for our bare minimum.

@freecellqt said in What's the fastest way to rank up?:

How is this possible when there's 2-3 galleons at each skull fort?

We do them in under an hour after the respawn patch. If there is a ship at the fort. to sink them u simply shoot 2 players over a bit early, they land on island and immediately start hauling a keg to there ship. Generally for most crews once that barrel goes off they freak out and dont watch ladders. So you simply board them and kill them as they attempt to repair.

If you're the first person there, raise sails and anchor, and make sure well before they are in range 1-2 players head out into the water for attempted boarding. As they approach you spin the ship to always have broadside of them. You will board and win while filling them with holes 90% of the time.

Another key thing, is find a good spot to hide the key, one where your entire crew knows where to place it immediately if you have incoming as you kill the captain.

and please remember our fastest time is without any resistance. Most take around 45 minutes. Before the patch it was around an hour and a half if there were a ton of ships.

You mean other than have fun doing those other things? Pffft! IDK! /s

• You can apparently just have your viewers get you chests streaming (which is rather pathetic) or just stand on the boat while everyone else does the work. It's rather easy if you ignore the pvp and just get things done. I play MAYBE 2-3 hours a night here and there and I'm 38-38-36. I do stream at night (EST) and occasionally do get a few people asking to join in or asking tips on the stream. Best I can tell you is heads down grind.

• Personally I just go on at times when not many people are on, like late night or anytime before 12:00 PM (so morning) in BST. Works for me since no-one is at forts. But, there are no ships to steal from, so there is that

• Who necro'd my thread lol. I made this so long ago l**o. Been legend for like a month.

Who necro'd my thread lol. I made this so long ago l**o. Been legend for like a month.

So what was the secret? Just put in the time I guess.

• @biter-wylie Join a discord where you can find crews fast. I use Fleet of Thieves. And just do missions. Honestly tho I did the last 40-50 by doing only skull forts and it went super fast.

• @freecellqt add me M J SLATEDOG

• @irhcsajr A good way is to do all the quests, who cares how many 'bosses' there are. While doing them, always scavenge the island for messages in a bottle and crates, and shiny's. You'll be suprised how fast you level up.

• whats the rush? just enjoy the ride

• Ahoy there mateys!

This thread is 6 months old, if you want tips on how to rank up create a new topic as this discussion was done.
    The information in here is outdated and no longer relevant.

@Deckhands lock this one please.

• Exploiters are not legendary at all.

• Find you a friend that is either very high lvl or a pirate legend they have the best voyages. This way when you kill those captains your getting villainous skulls or captains chest from gold hoarders. Or gold chickens and snakes from merchant missions. I didn’t do very many pig missions as they eat up all your bananas if you can get a bunch of crates for chickens and snakes then fill them with gold and black ones all you have to do is re roll the mission until it’s sometbing good you don’t have to complete them at all just turn in the good stuff and move on.

• As this thread was 6 months old, and revived today, it will now be locked. Please feel free to start a new discussion on this topic!

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our forum rules

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
1 out of 34