A Craft System - Resources, Tools, Meals and Equipment

• Hello everyone.

Who has never been able to finish a merchant quest because the cage recovered from the guild to capture the desired animal has disappeared or been stolen ?
    Who has never wondered what could be the use of the cauldron at the tavern and the various campfires on the islands ?
    Why can not we save the empty bottle of a bottled card to catch the small fish found in the water ?
    And finally, why do not animals drop resources once killed (white meat and feathers on chickens, skin and meat on pigs, snakes and snails etc.)?

And if we could have access to all this by allowing players to simply be able to craft in the game ?

How to craft in the game ?

To craft in the game there could be several solutions:

• Have a workshop in the boat to make clothes, accessories and tools like cages.
    • Talk to a blacksmith about outposts to make clothes, accessories and tools like cages.
    • Go to the tavern to use the fireplace to cook meals or spotlights.
    • Find a campfire on the islands to cook meals or potions.
    • Find island workshops to make accessories, clothes and tools.

Adding its elements to the player would enrich the content of the game a bit, because the player can use the objects in his possession to make objects that can not be otherwise obtained in the game.

The resources

There are already several resources available to the player:

• The cannonball.
    • Wooden planks.
    • Bananas.

The game could also offer something to get other objects and resources like :

• Coconuts, oranges, palm leaves, etc. to prepare meals and potions.
    • Spring water with an empty bottle to make potions.
    • Fish by fishing them via an empty bottle obtained by finding a "bottle in the sea".
    • Feathers by killing a chicken to make clothes or accessories.
    • Pig skin to make clothes or accessories.
    • Snake skin to make clothes or accessories.
    • Shark skin to make clothes or accessories.
    • Meat with chickens, pigs, snakes and sharks.
    • Snake venom to make potions.

So many materials that would allow to create new unpublished objects and invest the players in the game and bring additional content to the game.

What could be crafted in the game ?

These different resources would make it possible to manufacture new objects such as:

• Meals.
    • Potions.
    • Accessories.
    • Clothes.
    • Weapons.
    • Tools like catch cages.

For that you would have to go to the right place of craft with the right materials.

• The tavern and camp fires would make meals and potions.
    • The blacksmith and the workshop would make tools, clothes, weapons and accessories.

For example, bringing together a banana and fish would make a fish / banana skewer and boards with cannonballs could be used to make catch cages.

Craft example

Here are some examples of craft:

To get a chicken costume

Chicken hat = 20 feathers + 5 pigskins.
    Chicken glove = 5 feathers + 2 pigskins
    Jacket = 30 feathers + 10 pigskins
    Pants = 20 feathers + 10 pigskins
    Shoe = 10 feathers + 5 pigskins

To obtain capture cages

Chicken cage = 15 wooden boards + 5 cannonballs
    Pig Cage = 15 cannon balls + 5 wooden boards
    Snake cage = 20 wooden planks

To get potions

Smoke of poison = 1 bottle of spring water + 10 venoms of snakes
    Banana juice = 1 bottle of spring water + 10 bananas

To cook meals

Banana and fish brochette = 3 bananas + 3 fish
    Poultry brochette with coconut = 3 chicken breast + 2 coconuts

Conclusion

In order to add more content to the game, I think that bringing this crafting option would be a good idea.

In addition to adding a gameplay mechanics to the players, they would also allow the use of the elements of the scenery (campfire) and flora of the game (animals and resources) to allow to add content to the game. Have animals just for deliveries, is it not insufficient, while they themselves are interesting resources ?

What do you think of this craft system in the game, would that be a good idea ?

Thank you for reading me and sorry for the Google Trad !

See you soon on the seas !

Views
  • So many great ideas :)
    What a lovely post!

Maybe jewelry can be made from things such as Seashells and Shark Teeth

• Great idea dude! It'll add a whole new level to gameplay. Thumbs up!

Shame you'll never get to actually craft anything as some idiot will decide youre not playing the game right and kill you lol but yeah! Love this idea!

• There was a thread about fishing sometime back and I brought up the idea to use campfires to cook the fish and eat it. That being said, I fully 100% support a crafting system in SoT. Please Rare make this happen.

• @KnobieAlix Great idea! I already said this in my thread of mechanics and features that could be added to the game, https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/48165/mechanics-features-and-things-that-rare-should-add-to-sea-of-thieves/6, but I just wanted to say it again because you really thought this through! Personally, I believe that a crafting system should be in place (It would definitly improve the game!), but I don't really want it to be a HUGE part of the game, Y'know? I don't want Sea of Thieves to be consumed by the idea of crafting, and I don't believe that you stand with this either, I'm just saying what I don't want them to do with this great idea of crafting. I think it would be cool to create new meals that will restore your health up more than a bannana, or craft tools! I don't know about the crafting clothes part (It might take away from the buying and idea to earn money to customize your pirate. Tell me if this not actually a problem or if there is a system to this too!) but this is a very good idea! Upvote!

• @knobiealix To repeat something said in another post. To put it simple; NO! I ljke Skyrim's system, but unlike my previous post about Skyrim's Crafting system, and the dislike for ARK: Survival's system. I hope that going the direction of ARK: or Minecraft and their crafting systems just doesn't happen. I'm not in to crafting systems. Additionally it goes against some basic tenants of the game; keep everybody on an even playing field. This is something I appreciated very much, knowing that my lack of skill in combat is at lease supported by my wits in being able to escape a situation. But of course even those cursed cannon balls just make it harder, but that's something to deal with later, but it did earn an honorable mention.

• As this same thread was already posted in Feedback and Suggestions, this copy of the thread will now be locked. Please refrain from posting duplicates of the same thread in multiple areas of the forum.

Views
1 out of 7