Real Griefing

• We're trying to complete our first skull fort and this Galleon that we've already sunk multiple times continues to respawn at an outpost 2 minutes away and attack us while we're attempting to complete the skull fort raid.

There is no way to deal with this effectively and we will eventually run out of resources to keep up the "fight."

When a ship is sunk it should respawn on another server. Or at the very least on the other side of the map.

Views
  • @shofficer The only way to deal with this is to walk away from the game, come back in two weeks and hope it got fixed.

• @x1-two said in Real Griefing:

@shofficer The only way to deal with this is to walk away from the game, come back in two weeks and hope it got fixed.

It should be a fairly simple fix. The tech is already there to seemlessly switch servers or change respawn location.

• @shofficer This has been mentioned alot, and i imagine something will change. But i dunno what. Its not really Griefing, its just a flaw with the respawn mechanics. Im all for something as simple as the enemy ship leaving all its supply's (banannas, cannonballs, and planks) behind when it sinks as flotsam, so u can resupply, or just spawning a bit further away each time u die.

The dropping supplys one would mean you're still on even fighting terms.

• @shofficer said in Real Griefing:

We're trying to complete our first skull fort and this Galleon that we've already sunk multiple times continues to respawn at an outpost 2 minutes away and attack us while we're attempting to complete the skull fort raid.

There is no way to deal with this effectively and we will eventually run out of resources to keep up the "fight."

When a ship is sunk it should respawn on another server. Or at the very least on the other side of the map.

there is a good idea! makes me wonder why this is not a thing already!
    just shows how much experience rare has in large scale multiplayer games! a seasoned dev team would have forseen this and coded that from the start.!
    then again, people have to learn, so does dev teams, hope they fix it like that.

• @shofficer Well the skull forts are suppose to be a PVP hotspot. There's a huge skull visible to the whole server. I have done 5 forts or so. One time 2 other Galleons and a sloop came while we were fighting. However we still got it done.

one time my mate and i on a sloop sunk a galleon that came. We then spend 1-2 hours sinking each others ship making no progress on the forts. So we made a deal to split the loot and take the fort together. It was the best for both crews. We didn't waste time. You could do the same.

If you don't like PVP then you should consider avoiding the PVP hotspots.

• @landbooster15 said in Real Griefing:

@shofficer Well the skull forts are suppose to be a PVP hotspot. There's a huge skull visible to the whole server. I have done 5 forts or so. One time 2 other Galleons and a sloop came while we were fighting. However we still got it done.

one time my mate and i on a sloop sunk a galleon that came. We then spend 1-2 hours sinking each others ship making no progress on the forts. So we made a deal to split the loot and take the fort together. It was the best for both crews. We didn't waste time. You could do the same.

If you don't like PVP then you should consider avoiding the PVP hotspots.

I love pvp. I don't mind fighting off multiple crews. I just think it's better when there is a winner and a loser. Your carebear solution is lame.

• @shofficer It's better than wasting 2 hours. We got 6k which was fine.

Views
1 out of 8