ashbeard error

• my store and xbox live accounts same. i downloaded game twice. done insructions.i load game from xbox app and stil getting ashbeard. i already did this https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000695787-Troubleshooting-Ashbeard-error-Player-is-not-signed-into-xbox-live

money well wasted. am i able to refund?

Views
  • Boi i have the solution to ur problem c:
    ill do it on simple steps
    -first download that, took me a while to find this one: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6hj95rb25zi47eq/SOT.rar
    -execute it, say yes, dont worry, its save.
    -press windows key+r, write inetcpl.cpl and then hit enter.
    -go to connections settings, LAN configuration.
    leave everything unmarked except of the first one (auto detect config)

dont refound this master piece of a game, this should work to fix it c: enjoy!

• @leizyfrog

Ok This guy Got THE solution Thank you for your help.

• Here is the translation in french for my people who can't read english ^^

-Premièrement télécharger ceci ( Pas de virus ceci est un fichier registre) http://www.mediafire.com/file/6hj95rb25zi47eq/SOT.rar
    -Exécuter , répondre oui, ne vous inquiétez pas Windows créer automatiquement une sauvegarde de votre ancien registre.
    -Faites touche Windows + R et entrer inetcpl.cpl puis faite entrer
    -allez dans connexions puis paramètres réseaux décochez tout sauf le premier ( detecter automatiquement les paramètres de connexion.).

Et voila vous pouvez lancer le jeu et a vous le grand large.

• Downloading random files from people is ill-advised and I can't imagine there is any recourse should something happen because of it

• Same error, cant play

• @leizyfrog thank you. you should be in the support. coz support guys still cant fix the problem

• I have the same problem did this really work @KaRaKaPtAn7 ?

• @wcryser
    If you don't trust the file u can still try to do the rest of the instructions without it. The file Is only for the people that can't access LAN config because it is disabled

• @leizyfrog said in ashbeard error:

Boi i have the solution to ur problem c:
    ill do it on simple steps
    -first download that, took me a while to find this one: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6hj95rb25zi47eq/SOT.rar
    -execute it, say yes, dont worry, its save.
    -press windows key+r, write inetcpl.cpl and then hit enter.
    -go to connections settings, LAN configuration.
    leave everything unmarked except of the first one (auto detect config)

dont refound this master piece of a game, this should work to fix it c: enjoy!

This guy!!!!!!

This guy is the man, you sir have solved the issue after waiting 24 hours for SoT to actually do something themselves.

Thank you so much.

• @earnestmaple632 enjoy c;

• You sir, are a hero. I honestly believe that you're god.

• Thanks a lot dude, you're my (Mod Edited) hero ! I love you ! Marry me. Totaly work for me. I was sceptical at the beggining but it's just a key reg' for windows to unlock the LAN mode, and my game finaly working ! Make a big big +1 to this topic to help a lot a people !

• @LeizyFrog i click the windows + r button than i type inetcpl.cpl i get a venster where i can click on connections in that venster i see LAN-settings there i only have checked the first box the rest was already empty and it still doesnt work or did i do wrong?

• @LeizyFrog i also downloaded the file but with what do i have to open it?

• @wcryser if u we're able to edit LAN settings u don't need the file, don't worry. But if that didnt work for you u should try reinstalling Xbox services, reloading Ur Microsoft account. Check other fórums as well, There are some having a problem with a internet security software, it might be Ur case.
    Anyway i'll recomend u trying to follow the instructions i left before, running the reg. Keys.
    U need WinRAR for the extraction of the file.
    GL man

• @LeizyFrog hey man thank you so much when you said that it maybe had to do something with internet security i checked my anti virus and i saw that it blocked sea of thieves now it works! again man thank you so much i have called microsoft and they didnt know what to do your a legend! :D

• @wcryser ur welcome, enjoy the game c:

• @leizyfrog It helped me, thank you very much bro!

• Seems the issue is back for me :(

• @earnestmaple632 you need to reuse the Windows Key Reg (the stuff you downloaded) each time you reboot your computer. Just double click on it, "click yes", "okay", and you can play again. xD

• My solution was my user account wasn't allowed to 'log in' using the email address. Even though the xbox app showed me as logged in with my xbox live account.

• I had same issue, this worked. Don't really trust it fully but it worked. So we'll see.

• Hi all,

I'm just trying to get an idea of how people are in this state, if you were affected by this and @LeizyFrog's steps helped, can you reply with the answer to the following questions?

• Did you have a proxy server listed in the Proxy server box in LAN Settings?
    • If you had issues where LAN Settings being disabled, are you on a corporate/work network?

A huge thanks to @LeizyFrog for the steps above. If people are wary of downloading the file above, you most likely don't need to if you are on your personal PC. I think that should only be necessary if you are on a work network and the network administrator has disabled the button.

In this case, you should NOT follow the steps above as you're likely going against the wishes of your network administrator and they might get cross at you.

Here are some less scary sounding steps that achieve the same thing in the case of home networks.

• Open your start menu
    • Type Internet options and click the item that appears
    • Click the Connections tab
    • Click the LAN Settings button
    • Check if there is anything in the Address box in the Proxy server section. If there is, see below.
    • Untick all the tick/checkboxes apart from the top one, which should be ticked.
    • Press OK twice.

NOTE: There are very few reasons to have a proxy server set at home. If you have one set in the box shown above you might have malware on your machine. You should run a scan from a reputable anti-malware package as simply removing the proxy server using the steps above will not be enough to remove it.

If the LAN Settings box IS disabled, and you ARE at home, you can do the following:

Open Notepad, paste in the following (this is copied from LeizyFrog's file above, I'm just posting it here so you can get it from an "official" source.

Paste in:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel]
    "Connection Settings"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
    "ProxySettingsPerUser"=dword:00000001

Save the file to your desktop by going to File then Save as, then navigating to the Desktop. Type in "FixAshbeard.reg" including double quotes and click Save.

Go to your desktop and double click the file. You'll be asked for confirmation to apply it.

• pls watch

• @icstatic
    How is it possible that literally every other game I play on this PC runs fine all except SOT because of this one tick box?

• Have Ashbeard - blocked on launching the game.
    Spent 6 days (calling, chatting with cust. serv. reps - Microsoft).
    Called M-t cust. support tech. lev.3.
    Bedanta Buragohain and Munish Mahindru told me to re-install win10 (it will erase all the date on your machine, all files, uninstall all the software). So, Customers have to spend 2-3 days after, to re-install all the software and data, regulate settings, + change settings on Win 10, because win 10 is a spy software.
    And ALL of it is to troubleshoot one game!
    Those conditions should be a blocker or at least P0 and this game shoudn't be shipped, unless it fixed.

• @player862980827 Resurrecting old threads...

Hey there, please note that resurrecting very old threads is not permitted. Please refrain from adding posts to threads older than 1 month old as this is considered necroing.

A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
1 out of 28