Xbox Game Pass on PC

• I don't have an Xbox and never played something from the Microsoft Store on PC until the Sea of Thieves Beta, so I need some help.

I read about the Xbox Game Pass, which I can find in the Microsoft Store on my PC. There's the option of 10€/month and a free trial of 14 days.

Now, does it work on PC as well? And by that I mean if I can subscribe tomorrow for 10€/month and get to play Sea of Thieves for a whole month and more months if I keep paying? All of this on PC I mean.

Would Sea of Thieves work with the free trial of 14 days as well?

And I wouldn't need to pay anything of Xbox Gold since that's only for the console, right?

Thanks!

Views
  • @alexgarmo No it cannot work on PC. You'll find your answer here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing/xbox-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-faq#b4579b7fa6d1445186acfab5e5bb21a4

"Can I use Xbox Game Pass on my Windows 10 PC?
    Xbox Game Pass can only be used on Xbox One consoles."

But it works for SoT, lucky you. The reason being Sea of Thieves is a Play Anywhere (PA) Title. But, I'd be weary of it. It'll be great for 14 days, but then you should buy the game. If you want to use it to get early access (i.e through NZ), I'd hazard against it as it breaks Microsoft ToS. :D

• @alexgarmo Ahoy there!

The Games Pass does work for tiles on Windows 10 that are cross-platform/Play Anywhere titles... Sea of Thieves being one of them!

Grab the trial and you can play free for 14 days and after the trial ends you can either cancel your subscription and lose access to your games or continue subscribing and playing.

• i bought xbox gaming pass and i can't play the game on PC i only bought it so i can play on pc. How can this be? Now that i have that active i cant activate the free 14 day trial this is just r******d any suggestions?

Views
1 out of 4