Doubt about the respawn position

• Hi all buccaneers and pirates!

Today I would like to share my first experience in the last SoT test scale.

First of all I had a lot of fun both playing alone as a lone sea wolf, but also in the company of new fellow pirates (except the random ones)
    I followed a bit 'of thread and I have no special suggestions to give at the moment but I would like a clarification.

Playing together with a mate on the small sloop, we were boarded and killed by a group of 3 or 4 players on a galleon.
    All right up to here. When I got back to the ship, however, I respawn near the rudder. At this point the enemy player (who already knew the respawn position ?!) was ready with the shotgun to send me back on the ferry of the damned. I go back to the ship, still near the rudder and the scene is repeated, again 3 times, until it sinks the ship.

Leaving aside the taste of killing a player for 3 - 4 times in the same way, leaving no way for the player to do anything, I want to ask who will respond, has anyone had the same experience? Do you think the game always respawn in the same place on the ship? Does the respawn point do not vary so as not to give any reference points to enemies?

Clarifications please! (And sorry my bad english)

Views
  • Ill admit that Im one of those waiting behind u while u re-spawn, but most of the times we just go on board, steal of banna, cannon balls, planks an grog, an just lift u anchor an go back to our ship.

U can wait on the ferry for 5 min while people do there thing.
    but i can only agree that the re-spawn i kinda bad.
    I would like the option to "claim" another ship, that would stop u re-spawn, and i will have an extra ship in my fleet, that i can either sell or use.

• It's okay to get to board enemy ships to kill them and steal them all, the fun is all there!
    But I think it is also right to give the opportunity to try to defend your ship.
    And for the attackers it is too big a benefit to know the exact position of respawn, I think it should change every time, so as to give the possibility even just to jump into the sea and run away ... XD

• That's what I think, but among other things the players were all 3 on our sloop and there were no chests at that time on board, and the sloop is small does not take long to look for the chests.
    I think they just wanted to kill us randomly, so I repeat that it seems strange that I always respawn in the same places, but that's what happened to me in the test scale. A player absolutely still with the rifle pointed at the respawn point (in front of the helm) maybe it just happened to us and maybe just a little problem with the scale test.

• its fine next time just scuttle ship so they
    cant loot your cannonballs blanks n nanas

most of the people dont kill you out of fun they just waiting for
    chests to float to the surface.

at least thats how we did it on galleon and sloop

• This I said since the first post is right and is part of the fun of the game. No problem with this.
    My interest was only understanding comparing myself with other players on the question of respawn points.

• @greencamillion1 said in Doubt about the respawn position:

Ill admit that Im one of those waiting behind u while u re-spawn, but most of the times we just go on board, steal of banna, cannon balls, planks an grog, an just lift u anchor an go back to our ship.

U can wait on the ferry for 5 min while people do there thing.
    but i can only agree that the re-spawn i kinda bad.
    I would like the option to "claim" another ship, that would stop u re-spawn, and i will have an extra ship in my fleet, that i can either sell or use.

Part of the problem and you admit it. I respect that :)

• for me is good the re-spawn now :)

• I wouldn't mind like a 3 second invulnerability when you reappear on your ship, but you also can't fire/swing sword in those 3 seconds.

• @xcalypt0x said in Doubt about the respawn position:

I wouldn't mind like a 3 second invulnerability when you reappear on your ship, but you also can't fire/swing sword in those 3 seconds.

Instead of getting on the ship, once I would like to be respawned on some island. I would also like the ship to sink, instead of spawning again, to steal another one. That would be nice!

• As I said, if they put in a Claim Mechanic.
    lets say im on a Galleon with a full crew
    If we run across your ship laying on a island or we have a ship battle, then I have to kill you either way, to get the "right" to claim your ship.
    Ill mostly do it for the recourse.
    But also if its a sloop, i can use it, by filling it with gun barrels an have 1 crew member on that ship, while its a little harder for the 3 others on the galleon.
    but we can then use the sloop on other Galleons or Kraken

then you should just spawn in at an island with a new ship, without getting killed over and over again.

• The biggest issue here is being attacked before you're fully respawned. I've seen nothing but a black screen, many times over, and at that point been sliced to pieces long before I even see the enemy. By the time I get to see again, it's too late & i'm dead again before I even get my bearings, let alone a retaliatory shot in.
    I think an invulnerability should be invoked every time a person respawns, just so it's a fair fight. 10 seconds should do the trick, as it takes at least 5 to 8 before you fully see the enemy again anyway, meaning they don't get to sushi you before you even see them again.
    This is why so many players use the tactic, as it stands. If the above is brought in, a few people will back off but the legends will still have a go, for the challenge!

• I have spawned in the map room of a sloop. I want to say also in the belt of the ship as well as the wheel area.

I do think spawn killing is a problem. I would love to see a 3-5 second delay when spawning in to slow for the screen to load and move a bit to reset the attack.

• @greencamillion1 oooooOooOoOhhhhhhh I like that! Claim that thing. Throw a timer up on it and it either sinks or you turn it in for reward.

• It’s my understanding that a server can only have so many ships. If people can claim ships, they will essentially be able to claim a server. I know that players are already buying other players off their boats in order to build a fleet of friends on one server. Claiming ships would make this much more hostile and on a larger scale.

Views
1 out of 15