I've not been this excited for a game in years

• I don't remember the first time I heard about this game but, having played the Closed Beta a few weeks back, it's rapidly become my most anticipated game in some time. I don't even like PVP-orientated games usually but the thrill of sailing the (oh so beautiful) seas with three pals on a ship, digging for treasure, fighting skeletons and constantly looking over our shoulders for other ships gave me four of the best gaming hours I've had in a very long time.

I've deliberately avoided the recent scale tests, as I want my next experience to be the real thing in three weeks, but - as the title states - I've not been this excited for a game in years. Hell, I've even taken a week off work which I've never done for a video game before.

Anyways, thought I'd come and introduce myself on the official forums whilst I wait. I'll be in-game with some friends but I'll also be looking for strangers to sail with. Should be great fun!

Views
  • I totally agree with you

• @mr-sax0n do you guys know when will be the next scale test?

• @michaelmmqc We don't know when or if there will be another stress test, we do however know that there will be a beta before launch... so there is that to look forward to!

• Last time I had this vibe from a game it was Ultima Online. I cannot wait for release day.

• @mr-sax0n
    Ayyeee

• The last time I enjoyed a game to the level I do this one goes back to, I believe, 1990. (yes, I know how old that makes me) The game was called Gunboat. It was a Vietnam FPS.

Here was more information:

The game starts out in Vietnam during the Vietnam War. When the player earns a second lieutenant's bar, the game moves on to battle the drug kingpins of Colombia. After making the grade of lieutenant commander, the player may begin patrolling the Panama Canal Zone.[1]

The player uses the keyboard, the function keys, and the joystick to move through a number of stations aboard the PBR, including those for the pilot, the stern gunner, and the midship gunner. The pilot controls the searchlights and the ship's speed, and can identify targets for the gunners, and command the crew to open or cease fire.[1]

Really rough graphs at the time, but I felt the same enjoyment I do with SOT.

• Unfortunately I have......FRIDAY THE 13th Game...even Backed it. Was/is a total Fail of a "beta", of a "Launch", of a Game. I loved it for much of the same reasons as SoT in that a small group of Random people have to join together to reach their goals. I wasted $60 on that game and hardly put in 20hrs for lack of Promised Content, lack of Custom Key mapping ( thank yinz again SoT from us PCers), and TOO much listening to the Players. It went from the Companys game to adding in every little CRY players had.
    But THIS piece of ART....from start to (soon to be) Finish, top act all the way. From small to large Tests, from not budging from THEIR game ( NO safe points, get over it already geeze) for players emotional stability, just all around TOP SHELF!

• Same and welcome.

• @mr-sax0n Welcome aboard matey.

@Wolff34 The last games I played/enjoyed as much as Sea of Thieves would be GoldenEye & Perfect Dark. (the latter I still play to this day)

• Aharrr, ye be most welcome here! Fair weather and following seas matey.

• The most excited I have been for a long time also, I think the last time I was really anticipating a game this heavily was when The Legend Of Zelda, Ocarina Of Time was being advertised and my big sister got me V****n store tokens-like a hard copy pre-order. Those tokens had the Zelda images all over them and I had them sitting in my room for weeks before the game hit shelves. Anticipation, I'm sweating right now. lol

• YoHo Matey I Welcome Ye As The Seas Welcome Our Vessels

• Same here. Actually I'm feeling like all my games on Steam are not good nor fun enough to forget i'm waiting for SoT every minute of the day. There's nothing I want to play, I'm obsessed, aaah!

• @MR-SAX0N AHOY ME LAD!
    The feelings I now have toward the Sea of Thieves' calling reminds me much a my ol' tales from Hyrule. A fine series of books. Something about time and a weird instrument. Fine tale it was indeed and me feelings were fully returned that time around AYE!
    Me hopes be high but for I am a old pirate now, me expectations shall stay reasonable ... me black heart wouldn't appreciate the disappointment!

• The sea has been callin me for many a year.
    Here is to hoping this game gets that itch behind me ear.

• This is the first time a very long time, that I've been so excited for a game. It has met my expectations and then some. If they keep going in this direction, ill be blown out of the water by a cannon.

Views
16 out of 17