How to RESET your Character?!

• Alright, I don't care about the character creation system, what they have is fine. That being said, I have gone and picked a character model that I decided I dislike. How do I reset it? I relaunch the game and it takes me right to the ship selection screen. I'm on the PC, what do I need to do to change my character model?!

Views
  • afaik, you can't.
    This is not full release though, everything from the testing phase is going to be reset.

• @offhost-miracle you don't. The whole point of the character selection is to make it part of your ongoing Pirate Legend. If you read any of the articles that were released on the 13th February, they mentioned that the character you chose would be you....so that in future, people would be able to recognise you as you. If you were able to change your base model every 10 mins on a whim, then you could never be a Legend because you could never be recognised as you

everything will be wiped/reset before launch, so you aren't stuck forever....probably just for this scale test

• @offhost-miracle I agree you need to be able to have some kind of control over your character. You spin through the creator at the start, and see one you kinda like, but aren't sure, so you go to the next screen and can't ever get back that one you saw before. If there was a way to check the ones you like to narrow it down that'd be nice.

• @drahgoone said in How to RESET your Character?!:

Perhaps a compromise could be that your player data is wiped in the process of creating a new pirate. Don't really like the idea of being stuck to a character. A bit nervous that I will accidentally make a bad choice on full release

I like this

• Not sure if it's the same on pc, but on the xbox you have an option to delete your save file without deleting the whole game. Maybe you could try that! As long as you haven't played much, you wouldn't lose anything but that toon!

As had been said though, everything is going to be reset in a few days so just play with the pirate, don't sweat it and just have fun! :-)

• @drahgoone I agree. The game is released now and i picked my character as a result of fat fingers and hitting the wrong key. Since it is so early and I havent progressed yet, a character reset would be nice right now. I know I cant be alone in this problem. Please @Rare-Employee look into a character reset for clumsy fat finger pirates lol. Im perfectly fine with a complete stat character reset as long as I can fix my mistake. Or possibly let us have more than 1 character. I like that idea more.

• @biggx01 there is a character reset. go to options, pirate, delete pirate. You lose your progress but get access to the creation screen again.

• Another way is to buy another copy of the game and use a different microsoft user to log on to the game...

• To anyone who has reset character post release:
    Did you keep the Day One Patch or keep the ability to buy it. I like a few of you have decided I dislike my character but don't want to lose the day one reward.

Cheers

• @h1twolf yes i found it accidentally, Thank You lol :)

• While in the menu to choose how you want to play or what ship you are in, press the button for settings. Then go to the pirate settings tab on the left. You can delete your character to make another one. But I hear you lose all progress as well.

Have fun making that decision.

• @offhost-miracle please sea of theives, let us change our character!!! I thought my only option was a choice of 2 women so I went for a man and I don't like it because I'm female and I don't care to customize a male's looks and clothes. Please let us change genders. PLEEEEASE

• @ceecee170 said in How to RESET your Character?!:

@offhost-miracle please sea of theives, let us change our character!!! I thought my only option was a choice of 2 women so I went for a man and I don't like it because I'm female and I don't care to customize a male's looks and clothes. Please let us change genders. PLEEEEASE

You can delete your character in the options menu for the game. Put you have to start over. Since everything is cosmetic anyway you don't really lose any meaningful progress and if it results in being happier with your character I suggest you do it now rather than wait to invest more time in your character or wait until Rare adds a character change option which would be months away,

When you choose your new character realize that hair can be changed but the rest of the model cant so if you like the model pick it regardless of whether you like the hair.

Also, bald characters have shadow on the scalp and if male; chins; however the shadowing does not equate to actual hair color. So don't pick on thinking it is dark haired because it could be blonde. They have announced that hair color changes are an option they might implement.

Additionally, remember that the infinite pirate generator is actually infinite. You can keep asking to see more and more for hours if that is how long it takes to pick one you like. People doing it for more than an hour is not uncommon. I think I had at least 40 minutes.

You can also save ones you like as you generate more. They saved ones will just take up a slot reducing the new pirates generated every time.

Finally, this was a necro thread from a post that was made during a different version of the game in beta. I recommend reporting your concerns as its own post because the thread above has a lot of currently inaccurate information due to changes that happened since.

• @perfecshionist lol thanks for the tips. Also, every time I try to post a new thread it brings me to someone else's..maybe because I'm using my phone. And yeah it's funny because I picked my guy and I had no idea it was a black man. Lol I still can't tell the difference. The lighting is just so different. Anyway I guess I will erase him but I have over 80k gold which is why I'm frustrated. I'll try to make a new thread

• @ceecee170 said in How to RESET your Character?!:

@perfecshionist lol thanks for the tips. Also, every time I try to post a new thread it brings me to someone else's..maybe because I'm using my phone. And yeah it's funny because I picked my guy and I had no idea it was a black man. Lol I still can't tell the difference. The lighting is just so different. Anyway I guess I will erase him but I have over 80k gold which is why I'm frustrated. I'll try to make a new thread

I wouldn't delete, they might add a feature to change it for a price in the cosmetic microtransaction store.

• since this 2 month thread was revived i would like to say they are adding a feature to change character models its just not a priority right now

• I really hope there's a way you can change your character in the future it took me days in character creation to find a decent looking pirate. after playing a weeks worth with the pirate I finally selected I had to delete him because he had no tattoos which I thought you could have added on in the game. The character I have now I've been playing with him for about a week and a half and just found out he has G******n cataracts in his left eye lol. S*x. Somehow that wasn't visible when I picked him and I really don't want to start all over again but it really is bothering me. The ocd is strong with this game. 😉

• As this thread was a month old, and revived today, it will now be locked. A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 3 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
1 out of 19