Internal design

• Hi all, does anyone have some visual ideas for cabin design or ship interiors in general, would love to see a community view on this.

Views
  • @laughsmaniacaly I would like to see a option to customize each part of the ship to make it unique to you and your crew. lets face it many people would probably go for similar looks but at end of the day more customization can implement this, better looking ships would also make good for intimidation of others

• @commando-slippy Agreed

• I think most people would just use skins for their ships and their character outfits... generally uncreative stuff that I've seen players do over and again in games.

What I'd like to see is the ability to literally alter many different parts of a character and ship... not just clothing changes. For example with a ship: how about the ability to choose the grain, type and color of the wood that the ship is made of? The examples feel endless...

All that said: yes, I'd think that more customization is a good thing!

• @laughsmaniacaly Hmm, I did put together this a wee while ago -

• @katttruewalker Let me call the ants for this one.. :))

• @katttruewalker Do you have a higher resolution version of that?

• @kgmshylian @Niqsun Ohhh lets try this - apologies.

and a blank one if anyone else has some ideas -

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/sot_gamescom_2016_screenshot_interior-quarters.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&strip=all

• @katttruewalker Awesome, thanks. Though the ants feel discouraged now sadly..

Edit: those ideas look nice. Wish they would take the time to implement them.. the release is too close though, I want to see what will they do after.

• @katttruewalker Interesting! I would love to add placable trophies, weapons and costumes. Maybe hunted animals or monsters!

• @niqsun A place for trophies or emblems would be brilliant, love that, or even weapon display case.... famous skulls you've found?

• @katttruewalker what about a customisable outfit stand, somewhere that you could have a change of look that you've prepared from the things yoy own, no need to individually pick them just select change appearance and bang. Works for aesthetics and function

• @niqsun like a shark head or some rare jewels

• Honestly where do you start...

I'm gonna say from the bottom up.

So in the lower decks I'd like to be able to invest in more crates/barrels, somewhere to hold extra supplies, balls planks... GROG. I'd also like to be able to have a different layout for this like purchase defined compartments to keep everything organised and tidy. It would also be nice if this could be upgraded as in bigger storage from barrels to crates although this may contradict the power progression thing.
    Lantern are an easy cosmetic change maybe being able to move this to shelved candles or a chandelier. The same idea could be moved to the middle deck. On the sloop this would adapt the cabin (if you can call it that) and maybe enclose it adding some wall hangings trimmings and colour.

Views
1 out of 14