Issue with the Floating Mermaid Idea...

• The more posts I read about players being unhappy with the fact that their ship was ambushed at an outpost has lead me to reading the same type of comment over and over... "just look for a floating mermaid" ... for players who want the thrill of raiding other players this seems like something that could kill a fun portion of the game... players are just going to learn that if a mermaid is present, it's safer to just leave. Basically what I am getting at is maybe instead of a visual indicator to other players, the game just tells the stranded ambushing player(s) to hold a button to spawn back on their ship when they are ready.

This would keep the fun/thrill value for players like my crew who (at times, not always) like to maybe get some revenge or just enjoy the fighting/raiding aspect of the game.

I'm sure people will fight me on this because they've lost some loot but first of all "Sea of THIEVES" and secondly we've lost loot as well. I haven't lost much yet but when we did get attacked we plotted revenge and it paid off... just trying to see what people think about the mermaid being removed from the waters all together. @Rare-Employee

Views
  • @vapor1080 I think the mermaid idea although fun by design would be nice if it wasnt there. As a pirate I check all my decks before departure to make sure I have no stow aways attempting to plunder my ship and crew. Sometimes I would like some good ol revenge me self and If I have scuttled my ship at port then Io dont want the mermaid to be seen while Im sculking around the town looking for unsuspecting pirates to plunder. Maybe they could find sometihng else for the mermaid to do or maybe the mermaid could still be there but only visible to the pirate with the scuttled vessle. This would allow the mermaid to still be in the game and enjoyable, but not give away positions or potential plans of others and keep pirates on the scurvy toes.

Views
1 out of 2