Tip for changing Gamertag

• Argh pirates!

When you follow the steps to change your gamertag (for the 2nd time, with money) and you only get the option to pay with a Creditcard you might want to change the Microsoft website language. I live in Holland and only got the option to pay with Creditcard, after changing the website language I got the option to pay with Paypal too!
    I hope this might help someone else too because I couldn't find any information about this, and I almost bought a creditcard just to change my Gamertag.

See you on the high seas!

p.s. Excuse my English

Views
  • Same problem happened to me. Worse, i do have a credit card and it wasn't detecting it because it assumed US and I'm not from US. So the only payment method it was accepting was to create some new credit card that was US.

If you get this problem, the only way to solve is to change the language AFTER you're already in the gamertag purchasing page, by clicking on the bottom left of the page (kinda hidden).

It took me 3 chat conversations with different xbox/microsoft support because the first 2 didn't know how to solve and the 3rd was almost giving up.

• @niqsun Huh! Really weird. Thank you for sharing with the rest of us. I wouldn't have thought to do that.

• That is literally what I needed! Amazing. Thanks a million!

• Wow i also had this isse. Thanks. :)

Views
4 out of 5