Xbox and PC Preorder

• Hey everyone,
    I had a quick question. Ive never bought an Xbox one game with the intentions of playing it only on PC. If i were to buy a Digital Copy on the Xbox one how does it link to my windows store? Is it just assigned to your gamer tag Im assuming? Im only asking since Amazon gives you a discount on preorders and they only offer it for Xbox One and not PC.

Views
  • @sh4dowofelys1um My understanding is that it is just tied to your gamertag. You need to make sure you get a digital version, Play Anywhere does not work for physical copies.

• @sh4dowofelys1um Yeah, you need to buy a digital copy of the game for the Play Anywhere to work. When you buy the digital version through the online MS store it is tied to your XBL account so when the game is released, it will appear in both your Xbox downloads and Windows 10 Store downloads. I believe the Amazon copy is a physical copy for Xbox One so you won't get the Play Anywhere feature.

• @erikinthebakery Awesome, thanks for that clarification. It looks like ill preorder the physical copy.

• @ionei-falcon From my understanding is the digital code can work for the play anywhere like Erik said above. I'll probably make the preorder for the digital code now, March is right around the corner!

• So I just saw on the Amazon Prepurchasing that you dont actually get their discount on Digital items. Only physical copies... Oh well, I have a few amazon gift cards from Christmas that will be put to use.

Views
5 out of 6