Ahoy Thar! Do ye have yer Facebook set ter Pirate English?

• Avast me Hearties! I wish ter bring yer attention the language settin's page on Facebook in case any o ye scallywags were unaware that ye could choose ter have Facebook address ye as "Captain." Ye can even choose ter help Facebook learn more pirate speak if thar be unknown phrases as of late.

May the winds be full in yer sails maytes!!

Views
  • Arrrr but face book will not scrub your p**p deck me hearty.
    alt text

• @zombie-p1ague aye, that be true! P-)

• We need to get FB (and other social media outlets) up to speed by Sept 19th then. (International talk like a pirate day) Let's get the whole internet to Be more Pirate! lol

• @wargrym said in Ahoy Thar! Do ye have yer Facebook set ter Pirate English?:

We need to get FB (and other social media outlets) up to speed by Sept 19th then. (International talk like a pirate day) Let's get the whole internet to Be more Pirate! lol

The whole reason FB has a Pirate English setting isn’t because of International Talk Like A Pirate day. I remember seeing that as an option back in 2009 or so. But you’re right about the other social media platforms.

• @lucky-capt-jack Wasn't saying that was the reason FB had the option. Was saying get it up to speed by helping it to learn more 'pirate speak'. (Heck, let's go further and have it as an option to learn 'pirate' at college as a language choice) ;p

• @wargrym Ye can obtain a certificate o' piracy from MIT me hearty!

http://mitpe.mit.edu/Pirate-Certificate/

• @freakboy186 That's a damn good start matey. I like it lol.

Views
7 out of 8