Rare's vision on the game needs to be much more straight forward...

• I think I understand Rare's vision for this game, seeing how they don't want save zones, they don't want to classify weapons in a system that makes some better than others, I think Rare wants a true game that shows real realism. there are no overpowered people in this world, only people with more experience and knowledge, therefore you are much more stronger in the game if you played for longer than a player that just started, just because you know more. There are no main stories/quests because you make your own legend. many games have tried using the "make your own story" marketing strategy and might, or might not, have made the game without a concrete main story, but I think they are taking a right step in making a game where your voyages truly define you.

Thanks to this video I now see that this holds more truth, since the higher you are in a trading company the greater of a name you will have for yourself, this probably is that you will have a title as a pirate (something commonly known that pirates did, I will try my hardest to be a pirate king).

Just know this, I was really hyped when the game was announced, then i lost that hype since i didn't see anything new showing up, after playing the alpha and testing its "core" mechanics (remember it is core), I can confidently say i enjoyed it all the way, heck i would buy it just for its core mechanics, but it doesn't mean it would do well with just that. The game lacks the marketing of information, i'm sure they have great stuff, but we don't even have hints of it.

As for the leveling, i don't see why we need to level up our characters, this game feels rather innovative. I think we need to go in with an open mind expecting systems which we would normally see as unethical in the aspect of game design. The word sandbox is a good description of this game, is not a typical sandbox where you create the world but one where you shape your character around the world it self.

P.S: Rare, the thing missing before you even release this game is letting your fan base understand what its your objective for the players. We barely know much about the game and if we don't understand how you want us to feel or what position to take while analyzing your game people will be unable to agree with themselves whilst taking sides.

Views
    news
  • I agree with the last paragraph. I have no idea what the objective of the game is. I really wanna fully understand because im always asked by my brothers what is it you do exactly in the game. But I have faith in RARE so I aint tripping too hard. Itd be nice to know tho!

• @legendary531 @Sungi5004 Well if you watch their updates on their youtube they've already told us their objective in multiple of them. Can't remember exactly how they worded it but it was as simple as making a game where players can build their own legends in a shared world. They want to also give us a world where we can feel like a pirate and experience that life. They want a friendly community obviously and hope to make the most non toxic online multiplayer game, as they possibly can. Don't give me a bunch of hate if they said it was something different because I'm basing this off memory.(I'm human, I make mistakes) Just watch their videos. Also let me know if you were looking for an entirely new objective;)

• I knew all that, but I guess im greedy cuz i wanna know more in detail:D

• @sungi5004 Aye. Can't remember for sure but they probably did it more in detail in the vids. What objective exactly are you looking for?

• @sir-kringle Since there's no leveling up system, how are we gonna get rewarded for doing things?

• I think once the NDA lifts and Rare actually starts marketing the game full force, the objective will be clear enough.

Play with friends/meet new friends and do crazy, fun things together while progressing a bit.

Honestly, I think people just seeing others play it on Stream will make this game go totally viral. It’s just so much fun!

• @sungi5004 I'm pretty sure you get gold for most tasks and then you buy customization items with the gold for the most part. But, I would'nt be suprised if there were exclusive customization rewards for leveling up to a certain level with the factions, or doing specific quests.

Views
news
7 out of 8