Sailing for Mother Sea (The Tale of A Pirate Who Found Religion)

• A fair morning to ye all. In my recent adventures I have found new meaning in sailing the waters of this Sea of Thieves and want to spread the joyous word amongst my fellow scalawags. So please, sit back, take a sip of yer grog (or coffee), and read my tale.

I was sitting on my ship at Sanctuary outpost, marveling at the roll of the waves and the ebb and flow of the current. As I took another swig of my grog I felt drawn to the sea in a way I had not experienced before, as though the Sea herself were beckoning me to adventure. Never one to argue the Sea (she is my love and my lady after all) I swiftly ran to my ship to set off. However as I readied to take the wheel and direct my latest voyage, I felt that something was amiss. The Sea did not want me to cut my way through it and take hold of my own destiny, She wanted to guide me on this adventure. Having understood the desires of the waves I set my sails to full and centered, positioned the wheel to be straight and true, and raised the anchor. To show my trust for the Sea and Her will I climbed to the crow's nest and sat on the railing, thus ensuring I did not attempt to wrest control of this voyage from the Sea. As I was sailing past an island cannon fire began to ring. Skeletons, the cursed servants of the land, were attempting to bring an end to my pilgrimage. However, I chose to trust the path Mother Sea had placed me on and did not move to retaliate. As my ship sailed on the cannon balls splashed into the water, as though Mother Sea herself was directing them away from my ship. The voyage continued. I sailed for two days and two nights as the Sea carried me along, Her currents caressing my ship and gently directing my course. Eventually She carried my ship to Discovery Ridge, a suiting place for a pilgrimage. I weighed anchor here, and embarked onto the island to see what I was brought here for. After spending time doing battle with the slaves of the land and marveling at Mother Sea's beauty I returned to my ship, treasure chests in tow. At first I thought to aim my ship where I wanted, but realized that would be an insult to Mother Sea and so, once again, set sail and took up my position in the crow's nest. After another three day and night journey She carried me to my final destination. Daggertooth Outpost. It was here that my pilgrimage came to an end. Mother Sea had carried me on a wondrous voyage from one edge of the map to the other, and she had protected me throughout. I hope that some of you will see the wisdom of sailing not for yourselves but for the Sea, and join me on future pilgrimages. May Mother Sea guide you safely.

TLDR: I sat in a crows nest while my ship drifted and it got me treasure. ALL HAIL MOTHER SEA!

Views
1 out of 1