Gulf Coast photos

• Not exactly Sea of Thieves fan art. But I recently added some photos to my 500px album of beach pictures. Hopefully, Rare will eventually add some things from the pictures, like herons and leaping rays.

Views
  • @hallower1980 I like those photos, did you take them? I’ve wanted to get into photography for a while especially Sports photography at my Highschool football games.

• Yes, I took them. I don't know a lot about photography, but framing the shot is half of it anyway.

• @hallower1980 Wow! Great shots :) What camera are you using? They came out really nice.

• I wanted to put some pictures of a recent kayak trip I did with my bro. Looking at your pictures makes me embarrassed to think I had good pictures...

• @ionei-falcon said in Gulf Coast photos:

@hallower1980 Wow! Great shots :) What camera are you using? They came out really nice.

For shots without a zoom, a Samsung Galaxy S6 (yes, smartphone) is excellent. My real camera is just a high-quality point-and-shoot: a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70. I had another Lumix before that, but the FZ70 has great magnification.

• @psych0-knightro said in Gulf Coast photos:

I wanted to put some pictures of a recent kayak trip I did with my bro. Looking at your pictures makes me embarrassed to think I had good pictures...

It's the nature of the internet that no matter how good you are at something you will encounter plenty to make you feel small. Plenty of folks on 500px do things I can only imagine doing.

Besides, photography is about seeing things in a special way. You would probably notice or highlight things I wouldn't. Give photography a try sometime.

• @hallower1980 wow, awesome photos! I have to agree the samsung S6 takes great photos if u don't want to lug around a big camera.

• @hallower1980 said:
    Hopefully, Rare will eventually add some things from the pictures, like herons and leaping rays.

I seen a snake in there ;-) so here's hoping!

Views
8 out of 9