Buyable shanties!

• Sea of Thieves has a LOT of collaborations. you can even dress up as the master chief!
    not only that, but it also references to a lot of previous titles that rare has made. unfortunately, only monkey island and POTC have shanties. What if you could buy more shanties at the pirate emporium?

here's some ideas based off of previous collabs/games Rare has already made.

1. Halo theme (maybe the remix as well?)
    2. Banjo Kazooie Theme (PLEASE)
    3. He's a pirate (the other POTC song) (I'm Tired of humming it as I ram other player's ships)
    4. For the love of adventure (Already in the game, simply turn it into a shanty.)
    5. captains of adventure (Already in the game, simply turn it into a shanty.)

other than those main 5, I would love more shanties in Sea of Thieves. that being said, just think of the money people would spend!
    should be at least enough to pay the composers, then some!

P.S.
    sorry I havent been able to post recently, life's been very busy.

Views
  • I am surprised they haven't done this... especially with Rare/Microsofts library of classics.

I know there was some drama regarding Halo's theme a few years back, so I am not sure if that would pop up.

POTC stuff may have a lot of other rights stuff associated with it as well.

But I don't see why they couldn't add stuff from Banjo/Kazooie, Conker, Killer Instinct, etc.

I know it takes a lot of time to record each song, since you have to record each instrument 4 times.

• im also surprised that there are only three unlockable shanties in the game, two from tall tales, one from being a pirate legend. would be interesting that for certain milestones you unlock a different shanty. now with distinctions in the game that would work as a great reward per faction. maybe at distinction 2 or 3 you unlock a shanty representing the faction. maybe another one for reaching hunters call lvl 50 or getting the skeleton/ghost curse. theres a lot of potential there. maybe a hidden easter egg on some island where you can unlock a new shanty.

• I can see this becoming a thing but it would definitely be Emporiom

Views
1 out of 4