Can’t log in - PS5

• No matter what I do, I cant login on my PS5.

I bought the Premium edition and have managed to get in one time, meaning the game itself is working.

But aside from that, I'm constantly stuck on the menu screen being hit by Daffodilbeard, Venusbeard type issues after “Opening the journal”… servers are down, PSN has no connection etc. when clearly both are not true.

I can load up other online games with zero issues.

I’ve also got SoT on my XSX with zero issues, I’m able to login within seconds.

Ive tried;

• Restarting the PS5 and router
    • Rebuilding the PS5 database
    • Checking my PS5 connection (NAT Open and all great)
    • Turning off all devices for a few minutes

But I’m still sat here with the menu, trying to connect.

Any help or ideas?

Views
    question
  • I am having the same issue, so you’re not alone in this, this is actually the first post i’ve seen of someone having the same exact issue as me- I’ve reinstalled it and everything and i’ve been able to get in twice, I’m so confused :(

• All I can say is, get used to it. The bugs are endless in this game. Welcome aboard.

• Microsoft please action this ASAP. Still causing errors on the PS5

• did you ever end up figuring it out? i’m still in the same boat. :/

• I have the same Problem, still no solution. Hate it.

• Just a thought will it work if you get a invite from someone. Maybe that will help the current situation your in.

• @avianwings7 so I had been playing since the PS five release and then got logged out and now when I try to login, it says that I don’t have the same account and I got an error message that doesn’t even exist so now I can’t even login

• Same here, actually relieved to know I’m not the only one. I keep getting the kiwibeard error and already tried everything OP did and still nothing, been like this for 3 days. If anyone finds a solution please post it here

• They said it’s a known issue and they are trying to fix it.. but in the same boat just sitting here stuck on loading supplies… logged right in on my pc tho so just a little salty

• Yeh everything that l do l can’t login

• @chewyblazer I’m just upset spent all that money on a game and for 3 days now haven’t been able to play

• @jordon-gp came here to say the same thing. I'm super upset that I spent 40$ on a game that I cannot even play. I'd refund it if I could because this is insane. It's like buying a pair of headphones that don't even work out of the box. This is pretty dang silly. Don't put it on the PS store if it's this broken. I'm mad too because I just finished my work week at the hospital , and after dealing with all that trauma I need something light hearted to relax and enjoy... Needless to say I am not relaxing lol.

• This is terrible.

• I am getting the venusbeard error so sad just wanna Sloop

• I found a fix for mine I also have it on steam when I signed into steam and signed out my psn version gave me the error to wait a few minutes as it was on another account after that few mins I was able to log into my psn Regular again hope this helps some. I know many may have bought first time on PS and this does nothing for you sorry.😞

• Same here.. i was playing the game with a friend on ps5. And in the middle of now where. Got logged out.. trying to get back in. But everytime it says (please try again later. Kiwibeard)

Tried everything from resetting router. Deleting my second account from playstation5. To Uninstal en re-instal the game. Nothing worked.

Iff they dont fix this soon. I want a refund.

• SUPPORT IN THIS GAME IS A JOKE.
    KIWIBEARD ALL THE TIME LIKE GUYZ HERE. MADE EVERYTHING AND STILL DOESNT WORK. THE WORST 50 EURO I HAVE SPENT ON GAME EVER.
    DIDNT PLAY IT FOR 10 HOURS AND CRASHED.
    PLAYSTATION

• I'm in same ship here I was playing perfectly fine this morning now all I'm getting is the kiwibeard been trying to get back online for 3+ hours I'm new to the game only got it yesterday and it's already making me regret buying it this needs sorting fast

• @johnij1984

I have the exact same problem i was able to play the game from the beta almost with no issues but when i tried to lig in this evening it gave me the kiwibeard error saying the servers are down but the game was already fixed this morning with the servers being down for maintenence

• Same here and i have a lot of friends that have the same error...
    And other friends that can play the game...

• My husband and I are having the same issue. This morning was server maintenance and now he can't log in with the same kiwiboard error. And yet I can log in on my ps5 just fine. Really hope a solution or a fix comes soon.

• in Kiwibeard error Ps5:

Players have reported a temporary workaround for Kiwibeard.

PS5 setting - Storage - Saved Data -PS5 - SoT - Delete

This should work after closing out the game and waiting a few minutes and then relinking your MS account.

Please be aware that the team are still investigating this issue but this workaround should get you all back on the seas.

• @look-behind-you
    Guys this actually works and is oretty easy to do! Thanks for the trick man.

• @look-behind-you i Need to make it second time today xd fix it

• Worked for a single session of about 2 hours... Then tried to log back in a couple of hours latter and kiwibeard error has returned!

• This game is so trash on ps5. I made the things which was mentioned and now i have Saturnbeard xD what a joke game. Im contacting ps support for refund because this is madness

• @zywicax Saturnbeard - PSN account already linked to a different Microsoft Account.

Sounds like you may be trying to link a different Microsoft Account than the one it should be.

• @look-behind-you
    I created this account 3 days ago and im using only this one. Somehow my gamertag was changed today for a different one but i didnt done anything with that. They realesed a game which is not even working properly.

• @zywicax
    Oryginally ma tag was Zywicas.
    Right now as u can see im Zywicax. Zywicax is my psn ID. How that changed? Maybe i had like an old microsoft account but for sure im not logging on that right now.

• Once I first linked my PSN to my XBOX account, I could play for a few hours, but when I restarted the game, I wasn't able to get past the welcome screen. I always got message: The servers are under maintenance (kiwibeard). When I googled "kiwibeard", it could mean that I had to sign out my XBOX account everywhere, so I did that, but that didn't work. So I created a new account and tried to link the new account to my PSM, but that also didn't work because it said I have a different account linked, so I needed to link the original account. After re-linking my first account, it magically worked! (for now...). So you guys can try what I tried and hope for the best.

• @chewyblazer me to 😢😢

• I FIXED IT ! ! !

I couldn't log in with the error VENUSBEARD and I fixed it by clearing the cache of PS5!

Hold the PS button on your controller.
    From the Power menu, select Turn Off PS5.
    Wait until the PS5 power indicator light shuts off.
    Press and hold the power button on the console until you hear a SECOND beep to enter Safe Mode.
    This should take about 7 seconds.
    Connect your controller to the console using the USB cable
    Press the PS button.
    Navigate to the Clear Cache and Rebuild Database option using your controller.
    Select Clear System Software Cache.
    Select OK.
    Wait for the console to restart on its own.
    Start Sea Of Thieves.

Views
question
1 out of 33