Introduce a "Favourite" button to main menu?

• Hi everyone,

Basic premise - Introduce a "Favourite" button to the main menu upon loading up.
    In addition to the "Whats New", "Pirate Emporium" & "Play" buttons, there would be a configurable button on this screen, that you could set to your preferred game mode, ship, guild etc. All the clicks are done! This would then take you to the "Set Sail" screen, ready to go.

Anyone else want this?

Views
  • Just another part of the UI to clutter up and make visually complex. Why are people so impatient when clicking through a menu? Are you constantly hopping to find your ideal server when you can find the content you want now by diving to it? Madness.

• They should just have a "Set Sail" at the Start and whatever your last session was you go by that. Mine would nver change so it be a lot of help.

• @tesiccl said in Introduce a "Favourite" button to main menu?:

Just another part of the UI to clutter up and make visually complex. Why are people so impatient when clicking through a menu? Are you constantly hopping to find your ideal server when you can find the content you want now by diving to it? Madness.

Simple quality of life. Besides. The best way to implement it would be to put it at the very top where "Discover, Play, Guild" is, and add another tab for "Favorite" or "Quick Start".

Everyone jokes the start of SOT is death by menu. A spot that bypasses those menu for regular play is not a bad suggestion, especially since it's something that could be saved client-side.

• Yep - that was my thinking too Tybald.

@tesiccl said in Introduce a "Favourite" button to main menu?:

Just another part of the UI to clutter up and make visually complex.

Wait. What? It's currently 3 buttons. Not challenging.

• @smuntface
    I like the idea. Not sure why @Tesiccl reacted as they did. It seems like such a needlessly hostile reaction for o good reason.

I mean, I can see the suggestion being low priority.

• @tesiccl I join the servers the same way every session unless I'm joining someone else's ship. Would be nice to set up your preferred session parameters and have them as a one button click into the game. Not the 11 or 12 it is now. No extra clutter.

Views
1 out of 7