Too Many hackers in Hourglass

• Apparently Easy anticheat doesn't catch all the cheaters because I fight a guy in HG who's boat doesn't seem to take damage. After fighting this guy for 15 minutes, I ran my boat into the side of his and boarded. He had NO holes anywhere on his boat but my boat of course had a hole at the front. Xbox App doesn't work either because I can't currently record gameplay. Exhausting

Views
  • Hackers will always find ways to hack easy anti cheat just blocks new hacks as they arrive. It doesn't just stop hacks full stop. It finds what's a hack after it being implemented then block it. That's the best way I can describe how it works to my knowledge (could be wrong but that's my understanding)

Also ramming someone doesn't always damage they're boat, and it could also be something to do with server. I've boarded people before no holes on they're boat on my screen but I can hear the sinking noise and they sunk still and the water wasn't in they're boat until it was fully underwater

• @gunnner1 EAC never promised to catch all the cheaters. It’s a preventative measure among other factors that either are or will be implemented to reduce further instances. It’s not a one stop solution, and the cheaters will always try to stay ahead, but EAC now helps the fight against it, and quickly.

Record. Report. Always do this, and if they’re legitimately cheating, then they’ll be banned.

• ... and the more we report this, the faster the new anti hacks are implemented as they (new hacks) are getting identified.

Also there are MANY really good crews doing HG and some of those can feel like hackers. Something to keep in mind when considering reporting others.

• Too Many hackers in Hourglass

Cough....Modders. Not hackers.

• @rotten-rocko Thanks for the explanation, I don't know how cheats or anti-cheat work, just know when I come across questionable game play.

• @tesiccl said in Too Many hackers in Hourglass:

@gunnner1 but EAC now helps the fight against it, and quickly.

Glad it works quicky. I Normally record stuff thru X-Box App, but that appears unable to record right now. I even checked to make sure it's updated. Hopefully I can start recording again soon

• @burnbacon said in Too Many hackers in Hourglass:

Mods, hacks, ini edits, it doesn't matter.

They aren't supposed to be doing that stuff in an online game.

• @personalc0ffee said in Too Many hackers in Hourglass:

@burnbacon said in Too Many hackers in Hourglass:

Mods, hacks, ini edits, it doesn't matter.

They aren't supposed to be doing that stuff in an online game.

I thought the game did a File check when it's first launched to prevent mods. Isn't that what "Checking for fake coin" means?

• @gunnner1 no because fake coin has always been there. thats more like checking that your account isnt banned maybe? or that you have a legit copy of the game? idk. but fake coin is a day1 thing from what i understand. but ive heard as with everything in this game anticheat was poorly implemented and you just turn it off after you boot? if thats true then wow... just wow.

seems like anti cheat has just made the game more unstable and everything is pretty rough right now and were bringing a whole bunch of new players into a really bad new player experience because of it. i didnt even play this season much because of all the issues

• @gunnner1 never heard of cheats preventing damage. There was awhile back they could use the shipwright restore function but not sure this sounds like cheater...

I have had 3 cannons reg in a row before (where you see animation but if you don't get sound it hasn't registered as hit)

• I second this. The anticheat solved nothing.

Views
1 out of 14