Dubloons

• What’s the best use for these?

I’ve read about them though most of the articles are dated and years old. Some suggested the best use are to save for Ashen Key Voyages, or the Thieves Haven Run for Athena reputation?

Views
  • @captainwilks Doubloons, or the blue chips as my crew calls them, were on high demand when they were rare and not easy to obtain. Some specific voyages and activities required the use of the doubloons, but the voyage table changed that.

Now doubloons are used just to purchase certain items from the outposts' shops and once a month to purchase an emissary rank from Larinna.

• @captainwilks said in Dubloons:

What’s the best use for these?

I’ve read about them though most of the articles are dated and years old. Some suggested the best use are to save for Ashen Key Voyages, or the Thieves Haven Run for Athena reputation?

Both those voyages have been removed.

Older Season awards can be purchased with doubloons and you can buy levels from Larinna (one per month per trading company IIRC).

• Thanks guys. Sounds like they aren’t so useful anymore!

• @captainwilks said in Dubloons:

Thanks guys. Sounds like they aren’t so useful anymore!

You have 11 seasons worth of cosmetics to catch up to :)

You can also exchange them for gold at Larinna - whenever there is a gold multiplier you'll get even more.

• @lem0n-curry

This is true! That said, I’m unlikely to be a cosmetic-chaser in the main! :)

• I save for them future addons. Who knows, Rare might start adding too of the line blue long hard to complete voyages that cost doubloons.

Views
1 out of 7