Black Screen of Death

• Hello All,
    I have been playing sot since day one and something that has always bugged me was something my friends and I call The Black Screen of Death. For some reason sea of thieves will let us load back in after dying almost instantly for everything except when our ship is taking holes and close to sinking. We will leave the ferry and be stuck looking at a black screen for an average of a minute and a half if not more. Most of my friends play on xbox series X however, we also have a PC friend we play with who also has experienced this. Is this a feature that i have not known about this whole time or does this game just hate my group specifically?

Views
  • This is always been a weird one because some people get it quite a bit and some not much at all. Like the bug stays with people through patches and seasons.

It's a big part of why I am concerned about the crashes becoming the same thing, just something that follows some people through the patches and seasons.

• @wolfmanbush
    Seriously, it has followed my group and I as long as we can remember which is why we gave it that name. Every single time we say “black screen of death” we know that the ones alive have to be as sweaty as possible for however long it takes for it to finally let us back in. For us it’s a normal occurrence. We usually play on the weekends and I can’t remember a weekend we haven’t experienced it since we like to pvp.

Views
2 out of 3